. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello,

Any one know of a decent motor supplier for brushless dc motors of sub 1KW (maybe 600W) and 48ish volts. I have some old telecom psu that kick out 48V hence the voltage requirement without additional circuitry shennanigans.

I have looked at the anheim automation bldc motors that look in the right price range around £100 per motor. I contacted them but they have yet to reply. I have googled until my fingers are numb but no where I can see I can put in a credit card and hit go or gives an idea of pricing or if they will deal with someone requiring less than a pallet load of.

I have ordered a 1KW DC motor to drive the spindle from technobots. I didnt seem to think the bosch 750 or other technobots motors would be greatly suitable to behave as servos. I have some omron encoders which are great. Plan on tacking them on the end of ?? motor to form closed loop.

I'm liking dc motors for my ability to build controllers for them and doing a controller for a BLDC doesnt look to bad. AC servos and 80V-100V+ dc servos look way out of my price range £250-£silly. Need a pretty hefty motor for Z axis (1800 oz in stepper) stalls a fair bit when pushed into the more than 40ipm turf. Still the head on the RF45 square colum isn't that light! A brake as an option would be good for the Z as I intend to remove the acme screws and replace with ball screws at some point.

Anyone any tips for a helpful reasonable priced ,UK, ( ie non exorbatant shipping) DC brushed or preferably brushless motor supplier? Or am i trawling ebay for a good while in hope?

Best Regards,

Simon

Any updates on this Simon ? what happened to the "MK3" ?

Thread Information