Well hello there people (yes oh dear it's actually been more than a year wow). So I got caught up in renovating my house (still doing) and lots of life things. I've been wanting to get back to this for so long now and I can't resist staying away any longer. I've just got to figure out where I was!

So I loaded up my old CAD files and gave this thread a re-read to try and get back in the swing of it. I prodded CAD for a bit and had a nosey round my design.

What I can see is a heck of a lot of bolts... What do you guys think about them? My thoughts are that they are a prime point for the frame to slip out of alignment, perhaps I should really just put them all down as welds? I think my initial idea was that bolting them would give me the ability to fine tune the angles and alignments when built to get them spot on, but a fresh look is making me think twice about it.

Secondly, chopping up and tapping all those aluminium blocks is going to be such a big task i may as well take it somewhere to get it precisely welded anyway.

Here's a picture (because we all love pictures) of the design as it stands, I made it all rusty to represent the year of neglect