. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So; as ive been busy for the past four months building a cnc machine.... Havent had much chance for much else...

All through the build friends and family have asked me... so what are you going to use it for? My answer has remained.. 'I dont know yet'

On arrival home from work, the misses once again asked me to do a job Ive said id get round to for the past few months...

1) put a 'latch' on a door my little lad keeps opening.

So I got my latch... and as with all DIY, It was never that simple.. it needed 'padding' out for the catch to work.

Normally at this point, Id get all f*cked off, go down the workshop and hack a bit of plastic or wood etc and it would look sh*te

but now... my friends :D Ive got C N C

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padding.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	8298

you can imagine my excitement when I offered it up to find I actually needed TWO spacers

so, a justified expense I think boys ;D

Well done, how much do you think those two packers have cost you? It only gets better. G.

What you going to do with it? I think the door latch spacers have justified having it.

She's got you now.??. . . . Door spacers this week next week Full doors, 2 weeks later full kitchen. . 6 months after that sell the bastard because your getting divorced. .

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    6 months after that sell the bastard because your getting divorced. .
    You mean sell the wife right, not the beloved cnc machine?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    So; as ive been busy for the past four months building a cnc machine.... Havent had much chance for much else...

All through the build friends and family have asked me... so what are you going to use it for? My answer has remained.. 'I dont know yet'

On arrival home from work, the misses once again asked me to do a job Ive said id get round to for the past few months...

1) put a 'latch' on a door my little lad keeps opening.

So I got my latch... and as with all DIY, It was never that simple.. it needed 'padding' out for the catch to work.

Normally at this point, Id get all f*cked off, go down the workshop and hack a bit of plastic or wood etc and it would look sh*te

but now... my friends :D Ive got C N C

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padding.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	8298

you can imagine my excitement when I offered it up to find I actually needed TWO spacers

so, a justified expense I think boys ;D

i think you found a niche in the market there dude.. sell um quick before they get wise !!

Oh man, I can't wait to cut my own padding!
    Just... One more project...

Possibly the most expensive bit of padding ever seen on this forum - but completely justifiable :-)

I use my CNC machine to make things I could have made in 5 minutes previously but which now takes me 4 days to design/cut *but* look the dog's nuts (even though these things won't be seen) , ...we should open a shop 'Padding ...& things that look the nuts Ltd.' - we'd go bust, within a fortnight.
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 02-03-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Thats fine because you can offset the losses by selling the wives
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Thats fine because you can offset the losses by selling the wives
    You ever tried selling one !! I was offered 2.5 camels in T-egypt during my honeymoon for my ex , she was younger and had not had kids by then or become bitter and twisited, now I expect I would have to part with a few goats just to get her off my hands... oh no now I think about it I had to part with most of everything I owned.. lol

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information