I have a question about water pump. What is the size of the coupling for the hose (pvc 6mm one)? Where I can find this?
The pipes I got with my kit were PVC 6mm. However, I do not recommend those. Personally I find PVC too rigid and prefer much more plastic hose used in gas powered remote control airplanes. If there is a store close to your house that sell that kind of planes, just get it there. It's quite cheap. Otherwise you can order it online :)
Last edited by gabi68; 12-09-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Weird :/ Mine is different. It's made of plastic, exactly like the one on this kit:
Though I have to admit it was quite hard to fit the pipe that came with the spindle. The coupler I have has the same size as the one on the spindle.
Last edited by eurikain; 12-09-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Many of you have the same setup. Where do you find the connector?
If your wanting the Barb Fitting that screws into the pump then try these people.
The photo is for reference only. My pump came with a bigger plastic connector. I will have a look on that site.
Still maybe know where I can buy the right one. I bought the 3/4" barb and doesn't fit, it is a hair big...
Got some Noob questions. Thanks for any help.
1. Can anyone confirm if its safe to power up the VFD without the spindle connected for setting the parameters at the beginning ?
2. I have already purchased 3 core foil shielded Belden Cable for my spindle.
Is this ok ?
I just read i was supposed to use 4 core CY Cable.
3. Do i have to earth the spindle at the spindle end by removing the top and making a ground point and connect to pin 4?
E.g. Should I have 4 core cable as well as the shielding ?
2. Yes it will be OK CY cable is generally used but you have already purchased it so use it.
3. It is ok to earth the shield at the VFD end only, 4 core is not a necessity ...Clive
By Want2build1 in forum Marketplace DiscussionReplies: 38Last Post: 07-12-2013, 08:37 PM
By Ricardoco in forum Routers, Spindles & ControllersReplies: 121Last Post: 17-11-2013, 01:47 PM
By Tomcat in forum New Member IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
By Colin Barron in forum Marketplace DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 23-08-2011, 07:58 PM
By jcb121 in forum Routers, Spindles & ControllersReplies: 12Last Post: 28-07-2011, 05:20 PM