. .
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    I think the first post of this thread needs to be updated with the following information:

• If you're controlling the spindle speed from Mach3, you also need to:
      - set PD002 to 1. It might be done automatically, but it's worth checking.
      - change the jumper on the right side of the VFD control terminal to VI instead of VR
    • Set PD070 according to your BOB's specifications. It is the input voltage that the VFD receives on its control terminal. My BOB sends 0-10V, so I had to change the setting. Check the manual for more information.

Cheers,
    G.

Jazz previously suggested upgrading the coolant fittings on these spindles for some push fit/lock type, I like this idea so here is a link to some on eBay:

High Pressure Metal Push-in Fittings for Air or Central Lubrication Systems Tube

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/271182576634

You want the M8x1 fine thread option for the correct fit, dose/maybe the OP wants to add this info to the first post.

EDIT: Better prices and info can be found here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9452-...g?goto=newpost

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 22-04-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    .Me

OK, guys so before I start plugging in wires is this diagram right?

I want to be able to start the spindle and control the RPM from the EDINGCNC Software

Link to the board manual in case needed http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files/cpu5a_flyer_tech.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	18338

Don't know if its just me but clicking on your diagram to view it locks my system, could be links blocked on my sysem for security reasons but only image on site I've tried to view that does this.

Not quite sure what it should be, but I don't think that there should be any connection to the "spindle sensor" pin. That's for sensing spindle position on a lathe for threading purposes, nothing to do with router spindle. I think you've wired the VFD so that it is forward-running only (no reverse, which seems reasonable) but there's no spindle start/stop signal from the board to VFD. I don't know how the Eding board and software handle for/rev or start/stop - I'm going through the same wiring design process with CSMIO/Mach3 and VFD which is a better-documented route.

Yeah seems a bit of a headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is how I have it wired:

Name:	bob-to-vfd.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	18339
    I don't have the same board as you but it'll give you an idea. Red / black controls the speed, purple / black controls the start/stop :)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eurikain For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Here is how I have it wired:

Name:	bob-to-vfd.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	18339
    I don't have the same board as you but it'll give you an idea. Red / black controls the speed, purple / black controls the start/stop :)
    What board is that so I can get a little more info pal?

As far as I can see, the Eding manual says that you use the "tool" output pin as a start/stop signal to the VFD but I haven't worked out for myself which VFD pin it goes to yet - still reading that manual!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    As far as I can see, the Eding manual says that you use the "tool" output pin as a start/stop signal to the VFD but I haven't worked out for myself which VFD pin it goes to yet - still reading that manual!
    You're a gent! Thanks for taking the time!

I used to have the spindle running off the software but only start/stop I could control the RPM. The start stop was in pin 1 and pin 17
    Last edited by D-man; 29-04-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information