. .
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    What board is that so I can get a little more info pal?
    Standard chinese Mach3 5 Axis Breakout Board:
    User Manual of 5Axis Breakout Board - Mach3

red/black is connected to a relay output, and purple/black to PWM 0-10V output.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eurikain For This Useful Post:

I recently tried the hy inverter....it didn't last long. My recommendation is that if you are using it to make money...get a better one. I do alot of 3d milling of mdf for boat and custom car applications and I think the 3d roughing programs are a little much for that drive. I have recently moved on to a hitachi 2.2kw drive with the nice chinese spindle from ugra cnc and its seems much better. I am keeping the chinese spindle as a spare but I won't buy another hy. That's my 2 cents worth on that.

I have questions about the hitachi drive. There seems to be many optional safety features. I have the drive running the spindle and ran the bearings in today. Does anyone have any advice on what features of the drive should I use to optimize it for a cnc mill/router?? I am assuming that the drive automatically works well for safety and running without going into all that but why not optimize?? The drive also has self tuning that I haven't tried yet. I'm using the drive with analog input. Any suggestions or general methods of using this or any vfd are appreciated. I am using a line reactor on the input side. I actually just smoked a hitachi drive also and just tuned in the replacement but the factory thinks the first drive was defective.....we'll see after they inspect it. I just want to do everything I can to make the system as reliable as possible....the roughing paths using longer tools to reach into cavities is definitely are the hardest on the machine and run for hours on end sometimes. Any suggestions?? Thank you.

After a 2 week pause my router 2.2kw HY VFD blows C10A fuses as soon as I energize the circuit. Checked hole setup for wire damage- all good. Nothing is changed. Is my cheap VFD dead now?
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomast View Post
    After a 2 week pause my router 2.2kw HY VFD blows C10A fuses as soon as I energize the circuit. Checked hole setup for wire damage- all good. Nothing is changed. Is my cheap VFD dead now?
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    First disconnect the spindle from the vfd and and see if it blows fuses without it connected
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    First disconnect the spindle from the vfd and and see if it blows fuses without it connected
    Hi. Thanks Clive!
    Yes, it was the first thing I tried. Also checked cable with multimeter and spindle connector socket as well.

Problem solved: brand new Huanyang Inverter with 1 year warranty.
    Lessons learned: Do not buy VFD in the beginning of the build. I wasted my old units warranty that way :(

My beloved sparky fell off his perch. In our 40+ years of acquaintance I did not pay sufficient attention and now I am paying the price. - I can hear him laughing down at me, with his never to be forgotten sense of humor.
    So I am prostrate requesting some assistance wiring a new 2.2 spindle.
    Just need to check. At the spindle end I have wired the cable cap 1,2,3, E. The fixed terminals on the spindle I believe need to be opened from the 4 screws and the earth connection made, to the underside of one of those screws??
    Shielding at that end is twisted into three strands and fed back out of the cable cap. - The other end of the shielding at the VFD end is then twisted and grounded?

Please help me get up from the prostrate position as the wife is getting annoyed about hoovering round me!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    My beloved sparky fell off his perch. In our 40+ years of acquaintance I did not pay sufficient attention and now I am paying the price. - I can hear him laughing down at me, with his never to be forgotten sense of humor.
    So I am prostrate requesting some assistance wiring a new 2.2 spindle.
    Just need to check. At the spindle end I have wired the cable cap 1,2,3, E. The fixed terminals on the spindle I believe need to be opened from the 4 screws and the earth connection made, to the underside of one of those screws??
    Shielding at that end is twisted into three strands and fed back out of the cable cap. - The other end of the shielding at the VFD end is then twisted and grounded?

Please help me get up from the prostrate position as the wife is getting annoyed about hoovering round me!
    Have you checked to see the the 4th pin is connected to the case of the spindle (some are and some not).

You can remove the 4 screws from the socket and gently pull the socket upwards about 25mm then solder a wire onto pin 4 and pass it back up through one of the bolt holes and and then put the socket back down bolted with the 3 bolts with the new wire under the head of one of them.

I would rather do it this way than take the whole cap of the spindle
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Personally I wouldn't connect the screen at the spindle end - it's for screening the cable, the no.4 (E) connection is for earthing the spindle casing. At the VFD end you twist the screen and the 4/E connection and join to the earth terminal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Voicecoil For This Useful Post:

Hi - Guys
    Just setup the wiring for standard Huanyang 2 .2 spindle and VFD.
    About to sort settings for VFD. Some info suggests not to power up the VFD without the spindle connected.
    Which is correct please. With spindle connected or without.
    really dont need to smoke anything at this stage!!

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information