. .
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, guys so before I start plugging in wires is this diagram right?

I want to be able to start the spindle and control the RPM from the EDINGCNC Software

Link to the board manual in case needed http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files/cpu5a_flyer_tech.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	18338

Don't know if its just me but clicking on your diagram to view it locks my system, could be links blocked on my sysem for security reasons but only image on site I've tried to view that does this.

Not quite sure what it should be, but I don't think that there should be any connection to the "spindle sensor" pin. That's for sensing spindle position on a lathe for threading purposes, nothing to do with router spindle. I think you've wired the VFD so that it is forward-running only (no reverse, which seems reasonable) but there's no spindle start/stop signal from the board to VFD. I don't know how the Eding board and software handle for/rev or start/stop - I'm going through the same wiring design process with CSMIO/Mach3 and VFD which is a better-documented route.

Here is how I have it wired:

Name:	bob-to-vfd.png 
Views:	418 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	18339
    I don't have the same board as you but it'll give you an idea. Red / black controls the speed, purple / black controls the start/stop :)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eurikain For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Here is how I have it wired:

Name:	bob-to-vfd.png 
Views:	418 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	18339
    I don't have the same board as you but it'll give you an idea. Red / black controls the speed, purple / black controls the start/stop :)
    What board is that so I can get a little more info pal?

I recently tried the hy inverter....it didn't last long. My recommendation is that if you are using it to make money...get a better one. I do alot of 3d milling of mdf for boat and custom car applications and I think the 3d roughing programs are a little much for that drive. I have recently moved on to a hitachi 2.2kw drive with the nice chinese spindle from ugra cnc and its seems much better. I am keeping the chinese spindle as a spare but I won't buy another hy. That's my 2 cents worth on that.

I have questions about the hitachi drive. There seems to be many optional safety features. I have the drive running the spindle and ran the bearings in today. Does anyone have any advice on what features of the drive should I use to optimize it for a cnc mill/router?? I am assuming that the drive automatically works well for safety and running without going into all that but why not optimize?? The drive also has self tuning that I haven't tried yet. I'm using the drive with analog input. Any suggestions or general methods of using this or any vfd are appreciated. I am using a line reactor on the input side. I actually just smoked a hitachi drive also and just tuned in the replacement but the factory thinks the first drive was defective.....we'll see after they inspect it. I just want to do everything I can to make the system as reliable as possible....the roughing paths using longer tools to reach into cavities is definitely are the hardest on the machine and run for hours on end sometimes. Any suggestions?? Thank you.

My beloved sparky fell off his perch. In our 40+ years of acquaintance I did not pay sufficient attention and now I am paying the price. - I can hear him laughing down at me, with his never to be forgotten sense of humor.
    So I am prostrate requesting some assistance wiring a new 2.2 spindle.
    Just need to check. At the spindle end I have wired the cable cap 1,2,3, E. The fixed terminals on the spindle I believe need to be opened from the 4 screws and the earth connection made, to the underside of one of those screws??
    Shielding at that end is twisted into three strands and fed back out of the cable cap. - The other end of the shielding at the VFD end is then twisted and grounded?

Please help me get up from the prostrate position as the wife is getting annoyed about hoovering round me!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    My beloved sparky fell off his perch. In our 40+ years of acquaintance I did not pay sufficient attention and now I am paying the price. - I can hear him laughing down at me, with his never to be forgotten sense of humor.
    So I am prostrate requesting some assistance wiring a new 2.2 spindle.
    Just need to check. At the spindle end I have wired the cable cap 1,2,3, E. The fixed terminals on the spindle I believe need to be opened from the 4 screws and the earth connection made, to the underside of one of those screws??
    Shielding at that end is twisted into three strands and fed back out of the cable cap. - The other end of the shielding at the VFD end is then twisted and grounded?

Please help me get up from the prostrate position as the wife is getting annoyed about hoovering round me!
    Have you checked to see the the 4th pin is connected to the case of the spindle (some are and some not).

You can remove the 4 screws from the socket and gently pull the socket upwards about 25mm then solder a wire onto pin 4 and pass it back up through one of the bolt holes and and then put the socket back down bolted with the 3 bolts with the new wire under the head of one of them.

I would rather do it this way than take the whole cap of the spindle
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

I'm using a 400Hz 220V 24,000RPM Spindle motor from Vevor

Can anyone remind me of the Mitsubishi FR-D720 parameter settings for this motor please.
    Last edited by Len-Tikular; 16-03-2023 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Changed the spindle motor

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374219697.298141.jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	9309 just thought id share, I had a problem with a cracked fitting for the water cooling on my spindle and found these things fit and work ok. It's called a banjo and can be found on eBay with the correct thread fitting of m8x1 also makes cableing neater as all the pipes and wires run nearer each other.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information