. .
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    That looks perfect. Am I correct in assuming when I create a toolpath in Aspire with a set spindle speed(e.g 10k) when its opened in Mach it will set it to 10k for me?

I feel daft asking these questions.

Thanks, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    That looks perfect. Am I correct in assuming when I create a toolpath in Aspire with a set spindle speed(e.g 10k) when its opened in Mach it will set it to 10k for me?

I feel daft asking these questions.

Thanks, Phil
    Assuming you have all the speed control hardware that is exactly what you get, its another control you can forget, it takes a little setting up but once done you forget it..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

Thanks guys, will wire it up tonight and see how it goes :)

Main thing is you require a breakout board that can handle 0 -10v analogue output for the speed part.
    Many BoB's have spindle relays, not many have the 0- 10v part.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Main thing is you require a breakout board that can handle 0 -10v analogue output for the speed part.
    Many BoB's have spindle relays, not many have the 0- 10v part.
    I think he is being pointed toward the usb > serial (RS485 i think) lead from PC to VFD that does the control with a plugin for mach, not tried them so couldnt comment.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    I think he is being pointed toward the usb > serial (RS485 i think) lead from PC to VFD that does the control with a plugin for mach, not tried them so couldnt comment.

Rick
    I was indeed, my BoB with PWM is in need of repair so I bought a cheap ebay job that is actually pretty good only no PWM. So I will use the RS485 converter(I actually had one for some reason, past project I guess) and see how I get on. Next is finding some springs to counter balance my Z axis :)

Can the UVW go in any order as long as it spins correctly or do they need to go to the correct pins? I have the earth from the spindle going to E is that OK? Do I need to use all 3 wires from the mains or just the live/neutral? I'm close to testing it out now :)

Live and neutral go to any of RST and both earths goes to earth. UVW in any order is fine, so long as the spindle runs in the right direction.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

for those saying the cost is massive at the minute, i'm still finding 2.2kw spindles with vfd's for £252
    80 diameter 2.2kw WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR AND INVERTER VFD DRIVE four bearing | eBay

yes there are some more expensive, but theres plenty in the £252 range as well, admittedly they are all from solar.jean
    Last edited by wilfy; 03-04-2013 at 08:00 PM.

I've connected the shielding to eartch at the VFD, I assume its the correct way?

Also, would these VFD settings work with the 1.5kw spindle, I cant find the bit of paper that came with it :)

Thanks, Phil

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information