. .
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Or something like this 24 V Submersible Transfer Pump Water Oil Diesel Fuel Boat Camping Car Golden New | eBay if you have 24v supply. They're supposed to fit in a 25ltr container which can be used for the reservoir.
    Also available for 12v

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    Or something like this 24 V Submersible Transfer Pump Water Oil Diesel Fuel Boat Camping Car Golden New | eBay if you have 24v supply. They're supposed to fit in a 25ltr container which can be used for the reservoir.
    Also available for 12v
    That's way more power than a central heating pump etc the one I linked to is only 4.5w and rated for 30000 hours continuously. (ish anyway) ..Clive

Ah scrap what i linked to. Another listing says dont run for more that 15mins.......it'll overheat!

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Something like this Ultra Quiet Mini DC 12V 3M 240L H Brushless Motor Submersible Water Pump Hot | eBay would be fine. I was surprised just how little water was needed to keep the spindle cool. A central heating pump would be massive overkill and in my opinion (for what its worth) would possibly make the pump cavitate because of the small pipes in the system and of course the power wasted with such a pump ..Clive
    Your right! I got my pluming wrong, I thought he was asking for flood coolant, do you think that would be overkill as well ?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Your right! I got my pluming wrong, I thought he was asking for flood coolant, do you think that would be overkill as well ?
    Sorry Lee I can't comment on flood cooling but I think it would be overkill also standard CH pumps use a cast prop but you can get them with a bronze one used for hot water secondary circulation but are very expensive. ..Clive

Thanks for the pump advice,are the Chinese spindle mounts ok? I messaged someone on the forum about making a mount but not had a reply.

Thanks for the pump advice,are the Chinese spindle mounts ok? I messaged someone on the forum about making a mount but not had a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
    Why not put a sketch with dimensions up here and see what happens.. ..Clive

Hi, I decided on a 2.2kw water cooled spindle in the end it was delivered Friday, I'm just about to test it, question is am I best setting the inverter before connecting the spindle.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
    Hi, I decided on a 2.2kw water cooled spindle in the end it was delivered Friday, I'm just about to test it, question is am I best setting the inverter before connecting the spindle.Thanks
    Doesn't matter just don't try starting spindle before setting the parameters.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information