. .
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    Dunno why the price has more than doubled on ebay but that now makes the 3kw spindle setup cheaper at £400
    Don't forget you also have to pay the electric bill, needlessly burning an extra 800watts adds up...

I'm not sure exactly where the sweet spot is with cnc machines, perhaps someone that has a few years experience has being moitoring their leccy bill but in school/college IT centres when you do the figures the electric bill works out as being more expensive over the lifetime of the machine than the capital cost of the computers.

They've tripled the price beacuse........

"We are sorry that because this item is now out of stock in UK, so we rise the price."

Will the lower price return when you have stocks in the UK?

"Yes, once this item can be available in UK, we will lower the price as before."
    Last edited by r0bsk1; 27-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to r0bsk1 For This Useful Post:

I asked solar.jean if all his 2.2kw spindles are the same model/making and he confirmed "yes,that's right,all is same mode and same factory" and he added "we sell the products as total amount of USD374 (price+freight)".

No matter if you bid for the Japanese bearings or the German ones you will get the same product from him.
    Possible to be the same seller from Aliexpress with the lowest price (note the Japanese and German bearings mentioned in the same listing).

Chai sells spindles manufactured by Jiesite and Jean the ones made by Huajiang. Both located in the Changzhou city. In my opinion both companies produces the "cheapest" Chinese spindles Jiesite is the only spindle manufacturer/trader on Alibaba who does not provide information about the bearings used. Huajiang has a made-in-china account where the P4 bearing grade is listed only for the 3 and 4.5kw models.

Jiesite seems to be a smaller and younger company with better quality control compared to Huajiang. They also have some interesting tips for spindle use. Here follows the most interesting one:

During storage and transport of the spindle, the status of high-speed grease inside the bearing will change. The user shall run it at a low speed first by starting from the lowest speed of the spindle for 30 minutes and then 20 minutes for every 3000 rounds; otherwise there will have abnormal sound, noise, heat and other phenomena, which will affect the bearing life if the spindle is started directly at a high speed. During long term storage, the spindle shall run (at low speed) for 15~30 minutes once a week at least.
    None of the Chinese manufacturers claim to use import bearings.
    Last edited by paulus.v; 27-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 23 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Don't forget you also have to pay the electric bill, needlessly burning an extra 800watts adds up...
    Just because your car has a 100hp engine, doesn't mean it's going to use 100hp worth of fuel all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    They've tripled the price beacuse........

"We are sorry that because this item is now out of stock in UK, so we rise the price."

Will the lower price return when you have stocks in the UK?

"Yes, once this item can be available in UK, we will lower the price as before."
    Thanks r0bsk1 for getting the answer to this. I'll just have to wait and till the supply situation improves.

Kind Regards
    Mike

I was just about to buy one too so ive also asked for an ETA on UK stock

Is it possible to have Mach control the speed of the spindle, I've not used the new spindle yet so I'm not sure if its possible :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Is it possible to have Mach control the speed of the spindle, I've not used the new spindle yet so I'm not sure if its possible :)

Thanks
    Yes you can and should and its not hard to achieve either, there are several threads on the forum that give better instructions than i could, but i never looked back once i had spindle speed control.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Cheers, will go look now. I cant imagine not sitting around the machine waiting to change speed or turn the spindle on/off. Should be fun! :)

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information