. .
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Hi,

I have a question about water pump. What is the size of the coupling for the hose (pvc 6mm one)? Where I can find this?

Thank you
    Gabi

Hi !
    The pipes I got with my kit were PVC 6mm. However, I do not recommend those. Personally I find PVC too rigid and prefer much more plastic hose used in gas powered remote control airplanes. If there is a store close to your house that sell that kind of planes, just get it there. It's quite cheap. Otherwise you can order it online :)

I have the pipes. my question was about the connection. The brass connector.
    On mine (pump) the seller said is 18mm diameter outlet. I cant find anything with that dimension at one end and with 1/4" or 6mm on the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    Hi !
    The pipes I got with my kit were PVC 6mm. However, I do not recommend those. Personally I find PVC too rigid and prefer much more plastic hose used in gas powered remote control airplanes. If there is a store close to your house that sell that kind of planes, just get it there. It's quite cheap. Otherwise you can order it online :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Pump-500x500.JPG 
Views:	1667 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	16044  
    Last edited by gabi68; 12-09-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Weird :/ Mine is different. It's made of plastic, exactly like the one on this kit:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-S...444_5,201409_1

Though I have to admit it was quite hard to fit the pipe that came with the spindle. The coupler I have has the same size as the one on the spindle.
    Last edited by eurikain; 12-09-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Many of you have the same setup. Where do you find the connector?

Cheers
    Gabi

Quote Originally Posted by gabi68 View Post
    Many of you have the same setup. Where do you find the connector?

Cheers
    Gabi
    Not sure what your asking here . ? . . . The pump in the picture doesn't need or use a connector it's got a Barb so you just push the pipe on and clip it.!

If your wanting the Barb Fitting that screws into the pump then try these people.
    http://airaccessories.fluidfittingss...s/0033000a0007

Hi JazzCNC,

The photo is for reference only. My pump came with a bigger plastic connector. I will have a look on that site.
    Still maybe know where I can buy the right one. I bought the 3/4" barb and doesn't fit, it is a hair big...

Thx
    Gabi

Got some Noob questions. Thanks for any help.

1. Can anyone confirm if its safe to power up the VFD without the spindle connected for setting the parameters at the beginning ?

2. I have already purchased 3 core foil shielded Belden Cable for my spindle.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111817521022
    Is this ok ?
    I just read i was supposed to use 4 core CY Cable.

3. Do i have to earth the spindle at the spindle end by removing the top and making a ground point and connect to pin 4?
    E.g. Should I have 4 core cable as well as the shielding ?

Cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mturneruk View Post
    Got some Noob questions. Thanks for any help.

1. Can anyone confirm if its safe to power up the VFD without the spindle connected for setting the parameters at the beginning ?

2. I have already purchased 3 core foil shielded Belden Cable for my spindle.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111817521022
    Is this ok ?
    I just read i was supposed to use 4 core CY Cable.

3. Do i have to earth the spindle at the spindle end by removing the top and making a ground point and connect to pin 4?
    E.g. Should I have 4 core cable as well as the shielding ?

Cheers
    Martin
    1. I believe it is ok to run the vfd without being connected BUT do not connect or disconnect with it powered up.
    2. Yes it will be OK CY cable is generally used but you have already purchased it so use it.
    3. It is ok to earth the shield at the VFD end only, 4 core is not a necessity .
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    3. It is ok to earth the shield at the VFD end only, 4 core is not a necessity .
    Just to clarify, this is true for the shield but you should ideally also earth the body of the spindle, not relying on earthing through the machine frame as the bearings are not predictable.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information