. .
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Managed to sort it, fired it up and its sweet. One thing thats bothering me is at 24k theres almost like a rattle inside that sounds like a bad bearing but drop a few thousand rpm and it vanishes.

Good points are when it was running there was 0 vibrations on the kitchen counter and it sounds good although its going to be a while before I get used to the different sounds at different ranges, I'm used to it just getting loader :D

Cheers, Phil

Phil

Like a new car it is worth running the bearings in before loading it up at full chat.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

In progress now, its running at 10k and has been for 15mins so far, will give it another 15mins.

Cheers

FYI 2.2k spindles and vfd are back in stock in the uk. Price has dropped too.

Thanks r0bsk1 for posting this I will check eBay now.
    Regds
    Mike

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Damn my hastiness, I bought the cheapest one from aliexpress a few days ago and it was £8 (plus £1 bank charge) more than they're now selling them in the UK on ebay. Plus the seller has dispatched it with FedEx even though I chose DHL as the courier, so now I'll get a nice admin charge from them. Oh well

I'll post again when it arrives

Hi guys. What do I go for a four bearing one from uk or 3 bearing one from chai?? I can't decide
    Dan

Still looking at spindles on eBay and unsure. Had a good price off chai but with shipping takes it up a fair bit.
    There's one via solar.jean which I am tempted by, is a four bearing model but only has a 3 pin connector. Is this an issue? Can an earth still be fitted - does it need one?
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danielroyal25 View Post
    There's one via solar.jean which I am tempted by, is a four bearing model but only has a 3 pin connector. Is this an issue? Can an earth still be fitted - does it need one?
    You could easily change it for a 4 pin connector, or just fasten the earth cable to the spindle body via the spindle mount or tapped hole in the Z-axis, assuming they're all metal.

The 3-pin connector may imply it's an older spindle, since in the past these spindles used to exclusively use 3-pin connectors. Clearly that's just speculation though...as I've already mentioned, my spindle with 3-pin connector from solar.jean has been good and does include 4 bearings.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

just buy it!. it'll be fine.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information