. .
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Now the uk shipping spindle prices are lower than the Chinese ones (solar.jean). Is it possible that the quality of the spindles sold by solar.jean is better than the new batch of the Portsmouth ones?

I need to buy the spindle and am confused now.

The spindles from Portsmouth are the 3 pin type, I don't know if that means anything.I have to say delivery was fast and it was well packaged,I paid £218.00 from lovehappyshopping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	2659 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	11622

That looks Good Andrew

I have been running my spindle on and off all day, got it connected to the garden tap and outlet into the kitchen sink,. problem is I keep getting air bubbles, I used PTFE tape but got loads of air then I noticed a leak at the tap so sorted that but I'm still getting tiny bubbles, hope the spindle isn't porous, it has had water running through it most of the day so I would of thought it would of tripped the RCD if it had a internal leak but it hasn't. any ideas. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
    I have been running my spindle on and off all day, got it connected to the garden tap and outlet into the kitchen sink,. problem is I keep getting air bubbles, I used PTFE tape but got loads of air then I noticed a leak at the tap so sorted that but I'm still getting tiny bubbles, hope the spindle isn't porous, it has had water running through it most of the day so I would of thought it would of tripped the RCD if it had a internal leak but it hasn't. any ideas. Thanks
    Don't worry about it will be fine so long as water is going thru it.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I use a cheap 12V water pump as sold for use in caravans. I start it on 12V and always get some bubbles coming out of the spindle - useful to see that the flow has started! Then I switch to 5V for normal running. You don't need very high flow rates, at least not for modest cuts.

You won't need much coolant I have a small pump a radiator and 12 metres of pipe work. In all it runs on just over half a litre....even after 2 hours of running the water temp is only 18c. After the install i had small bubbles for 1 hour max since then i have had no bubbles or lost fluid in 7 months. You will be fine. I bet most if not all of your bubbles are coming from the mains tap water. When you do get it all sorted out use pc cooling fluid as tap water in parts of our country can be very hard. You don't want your spindle to scale up. Maybe the water is soft where you are. Cheers Andrew

Hi Jonathan, thank you for this information which proves to be very useful to me. Can you please provide me with an example of the cable as I have tried googling it up and having no result? any help will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valeria caltabiano View Post
    Hi Jonathan, thank you for this information which proves to be very useful to me. Can you please provide me with an example of the cable as I have tried googling it up and having no result? any help will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks
    This is the type of cable you need for the spindle http://www.csecables.com/acatalog/CY-Cable-4-Core.html 1mm or 1.5mm your choice. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    This is the type of cable you need for the spindle http://www.csecables.com/acatalog/CY-Cable-4-Core.html 1mm or 1.5mm your choice. ..Clive
    thank you Clive :)

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information