. .
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
    Hi can i ask what's the best ebay make a offer price for a 2.2kw water cooled spindle that's being accepted. Im thinking of getting a different inverter as it seems people don't rate the huanyang vfd. Thanks
    Can't answer the price question but the huanyang VFD is fine and about the best of the chinese ones. The earlier versions had some issues but they seem to have sorted those so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-01-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks for the reply, I think i might just buy a spindle package when the prices come down.anyone making spindle mounts on the forum?

Hi Andrewuk
    Jazz is right. I have one of these from a supplier on eBay who ships from a warehouse in Portsmouth. It is great. Hold onto your money until the prices come down. It is Chinese New Year so nothing will happen for a few weeks yet. Once they start shipping again from China, the prices should come down. Paid about 230 pounds for mine last year.
    Regis
    Mike
    PS Jazz I have all the bits now so about to start my cnc build!
    Last edited by MikeyC38; 28-01-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Cool, will keep an eye out for the build log !
    .Me

I have just seen a 3kw air cooled spindle and inverter on ebay from Portsmouth for £230.00, any thoughts on this ill be cutting ply board mostly. Thanks

Hi has anyone a recommendation for a pump to cool a 2.2kw spindle and a source for a spindle mount or dxf for one. Thanks

Hi Andrew, you can find the mounts on ebay for around £30+, in the rfq section on this forum there has been one or two offers for getting a custom mount made.

For a pump you can use one designed for fish tanks, though personally I prefer the idea of using a central heating pump.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 04-02-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Grammar
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC38 View Post
    Didn't see this a week ago Mikey. Hope things go well get in touch if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Andrew, you can find the mounts on ebay for around £30+, in the rfq section on this forum there has been one or two offers for getting a custom mount made.

For a pump you can use one designed for fish tanks, though personally I prefer the idea of using a central heating pump.

.Me
    Something like this Ultra Quiet Mini DC 12V 3M 240L H Brushless Motor Submersible Water Pump Hot | eBay would be fine. I was surprised just how little water was needed to keep the spindle cool. A central heating pump would be massive overkill and in my opinion (for what its worth) would possibly make the pump cavitate because of the small pipes in the system and of course the power wasted with such a pump ..Clive

I use a caravan water pump from eBay which says 15 mins max at 12V. Runs fine on 5V, though, and delivers enough water to keep things cool.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information