. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    knew you would get there in the end
    Last edited by Swarfing; 15-03-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Soooo after a lengthy and very informative conversation with Mike I have decided to sell the artwork at £250 each. My rational has changed after speaking with Mike, there is a lot of things I didn’t factor in............
    As someone who is hoping to really get in to becoming a maker towards the end of this year, I have been following the pricing aspects of this thread with interest! Thanks Chaps, it's been great food for thought for me.

Thanks,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    knew you would get there in the end
    i needed to didnt I .. well slow but like you said got there in the end :)

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    As someone who is hoping to really get in to becoming a maker towards the end of this year, I have been following the pricing aspects of this thread with interest! Thanks Chaps, it's been great food for thought for me.

Thanks,
    Andy
    I 2nd that you have all been a great help..

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post

Thanks,
    Andy
    Might be worth you asking the question again when the time comes Andy, lots of different things to consider that will affect how you price things.

May be Lee could have a sticky called pricing considerations.,? Only after talking to Mike who obviously is heavily into the pricing because it's his full-time occupation I found things that I hadn't even considered. For instance I went down to the Wood yard to pick out some materials by the time I had finished it works three hours including the drive time. Then there were the prototype's that didn't quite work, and also some of the attempted finished work where the wood had hidden problems, and had to be discarded halfway through. Then the time creating the website to advertise the stuff the list goes on and on. And also at some point like Mike said it goes from a hobby or part-time job to where the taxman becomes interested in what you are selling. Anyway there was just a thought.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Taxman - Try to look on that as a positive, whilst tax returns are a PITA, you only pay tax if you have made a profit, something that you are obviously hoping to do. G.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    In an earlier post I referred to myself as grey old git, don't know where the grumpy bit came from. I can only guess someone has been talking to my wife!!!
    Sorry mate my old man is called Geoffrey, it must have been a freudian slip. I'll retract the grumpy bit if you are going to have a huff about it! ;)

Your dad must be ok, all the best people are called Geoffrey. Anyway don't bother with the retraction, I'm grumpy now!!! G.

Three more , I have been using different woods to see how they work with some models

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenmanfreckart.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	726.5 KB 
ID:	8540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mansittingfreckart.JPG 
Views:	293 
Size:	791.3 KB 
ID:	8541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manwomen.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	678.0 KB 
ID:	8542

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have to chip in and say that these are works of art. Most artist do not make their own paint and brushes so using tools is part and parcel. I work a lot in wood and your choices are sweet. What size are these pieces?

Bruce

BTW I remember Geoffrey when he was in rainbow;-)
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information