. .
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Hi guys after some long hours and many failed experiments I have decided to showcase some of my creations on a web site gallery. I hope you like them and I would like any constructive criticism you may feel like offering.

Everything is made from my own designs expect the small Greenman you see in the frames I just used that to highlight the frame and won’t be making anymore as I don’t have commercial rights to do so.

I have used various materials from American Walnut to tiger oak and resins to swath and can pulls in my projects.

Please be patient as it’s a freebee server and takes a while to load.

This is the website FreckArts.com

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fivetide, that's an impressive gallery. Thanks for showing. It actually loaded immediately, no delay whatsoever. Must ask as I haven't a clue, but what does swath and can pull mean? I'm sure I wont be the only one that doesn't know. G.

Think its spell check lol Swarf as in metal shavings and Can-Pulls as in off the the top of beer cans. Thanks for the comment Geoff

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks Fivetide, now we all know!!! I would never have known, I guess it must be the sheltered life I lead. G.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GEOFFREY For This Useful Post:

I'd like to order a "Sitting Man 2" please ?

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I'd like to order a "Sitting Man 2" please ?

.Me
    Hi Lee, this is the next problem I have, how much do I sell them for, all in all theres over a days work for one piece although noe I have done the artwork I can reproduce them more quickly, in your hosnest opion and I would only proably make 10 of them how much would you pay for one.. I know its a hard thing to judge?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's great stuff you've made there FiveTide!

Must say I particularly like the Kneeling Girls, they remind me of something similar I did with copper sheet back in high school days......

There's something rather pleasing about the female form.... though I haven't worked out what exactly it is yet ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post

There's something rather pleasing about the female form.... though I haven't worked out what exactly it is yet ;-)
    Oh that's easy.. they lack nuts...Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Hi guys after some long hours and many failed experiments I have decided to showcase some of my creations on a web site gallery. I hope you like them and I would like any constructive criticism you may feel like offering.

Everything is made from my own designs expect the small Greenman you see in the frames I just used that to highlight the frame and won’t be making anymore as I don’t have commercial rights to do so.

I have used various materials from American Walnut to tiger oak and resins to swath and can pulls in my projects.

Please be patient as it’s a freebee server and takes a while to load.

This is the website FreckArts.com
    They are really nice, can you give us a bit of insight as to how you designed and produced them please.. Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    Hi Lee, this is the next problem I have, how much do I sell them for, all in all theres over a days work for one piece although noe I have done the artwork I can reproduce them more quickly, in your hosnest opion and I would only proably make 10 of them how much would you pay for one.. I know its a hard thing to judge?
    Humm,

It depends what you want for them, are you going to sell them in art galleries full time as much as you can with the plan to make only 10 of each then move onto something else, in turn making them possibly rare or sort after? People pay allot of money for Art dont they...

As we know art is in the eye of the beholder, because of recent events in my life and events that are waiting to happen, i can relate to the expression "Sitting Man 2" is giving off, this is of course from my own interpretation of the piece. I can also appreciate it for just the art that it is, regardless of the meaning i can find with in it.

I lost my mother-in-law less then 12 months ago and i'm coming to terms with the fact that my grandfather is now taking his last breaths and its just a matter of weeks rather than months, i'm VERY close to my grandfather and was close to the mother-in-law, for me "Sitting Man 2" portrays the devastation and pain i'm going through at times at the momment.

While i say the above, i'd also like to own art created by "one of the guys i know on the forum", it would be nice to hang it and have people ask if i made it and tell them "no a guy i know made it, isn't it nice, there was only ever 10 of them made".

I wouldn't want to insult what the piece means to you Five by offering you a price. Try to work out what you would be happy to let one go for, as i would like to own one.

.Me
    .Me

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information