. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Lee, slightly off topic, but we have a card/vynal cutter that uses SVG. I have tried exporting DXF into inkscape (SVGexport), but it seems to change the scale, and even then it does not work very well. Is there an easy way to get an SVG output? Thanks, G.

Sorry i dont have any experience with this, i've moved your post to a new thread and titled it for you, will also add forum support for SVG now :).

.Me
    .Me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

what plotter & what software are you using Geofrey

Hi Martin, machine is an 18" silver bullet and the software is SCAL (sure cuts a lot). Any thing produced in scal works fine, but it is easier for me to draw in a cad program, and then export to SCAL. I do have an older version of cad std pro which does give an SVG output, but the SCAL software just does't see it. G.

Never heard of it Geofrey lol, what operating system are you running, different programs import file extensions very well or very badly it's knowing what software works well with which file extensions.
    I can ask on the other forum I use what vector program works well with importing DXF files. If your running an older operating system then you might be able to pick up a used copy of a program cheaply.

Give inkscape a go? not sure it supports layers for dxf but it is free?

Inkscape. Draw Freely.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Hi Lee, slightly off topic, but we have a card/vynal cutter that uses SVG. I have tried exporting DXF into inkscape (SVGexport), but it seems to change the scale, and even then it does not work very well. Is there an easy way to get an SVG output? Thanks, G.
    I also have a Vinyl cutter as well but i use Signcut, i will have a look at how it handles DXF a little later.. But its not a free program though..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

Thread Information