. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    You certainly can set up Mach3 to do that - it's just a matter of setting the "direction" flags appropriately in Mach3. However, if you think that you might addle your brain to do it the "conventional" way, then you are going to get double-addled with spots on if you then want to use any CAM software. Everything - and that means everything - assumes a right-handed coordinate system. What you are trying to do is set up a left-handed coord system, and you are going to be out of step with the rest of the world. Forget any CAM software, unless you want to draw everything as a mirror of the desired object so that it comes out right on the machine. It's really worth doing the same way as everyone else, and accept that there will be a short learning curve to climb. Definitely the lesser of two evils...
    No, that`s fine mate, I`m stubborn(which is why I spent so long trying) but too lazy to re-invent the wheel, they were just newbie questions brought on by not fully understanding the whole system. I assumed my settings were wrong somewhere and that was why they weren`t how I expected them to be. I`ll laugh about it someday, looking back... maybe...
    Thanks for the info.

Oh, and as for mirrored drawing, I`ve already been there cutting.. I couldn`t understand why it looked right on screen but was upside down on the machine
    Last edited by baldwelder; 02-06-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

You certainly can set up Mach3 to do that - it's just a matter of setting the "direction" flags appropriately in Mach3.
    You can set up your machine to actually move like that, but the Mach3 display will not be correct, as Mach3's display is for a right hand coordinate system.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information