. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Now got a load of bumph all down the right hand side of the window restricting the messages.

Worked OK before, why change ?

If it's you Lee stop pissing about changing something not broke. If you need something to do go it the workshop and BUILD something
    John S -

I've only just started to find my way round the forum, and now it is changed.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    If it's you Lee stop pissing about changing something not broke. If you need something to do go it the workshop and BUILD something
    LOL. (Not ten characters)
    ROFL (Not ten characters)
    ROFLMAO (Not ten characters)
    Ok
    Not Laughing Anymore Just Annoyed With Forum Software. (John's comment was funny though)

Are we following cnczone? Must admit I'm not liking this either.

My forum front-page looks terrible..... Amongst other confusing changes, my Count-of-views and Count-of posts and Jump-to-Last-Post have all gone..... Woe is Me!!!!!!

Reckon Lee is probably relaxing under the sun in the Seychelles...... Playing on his I-Thingy........ And laughing at us poor sods struggling with the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Are we following cnczone? Must admit I'm not liking this either.
    I think not, the Zone main page looks unfinished and less profesional than it used to, Its lost its fluidity. I think its time this site had a spruce up, and yes i will have to find stuff again but thats the price of keeping with the times. The same happened to me when they went from type writers to word processors and then to computers. And dont forget he is doing this in real time while the site is live so we dont know where it will end up, you may even like it...

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 09-03-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Why has it got to have spruce up ?
    Totally getting pissed off with programmers changing things for changing sake.
    Anyone seen the new Alibre and Solid edge menus ?
    Old menu bar has gone, now got cave man paintings depicting whatever. Spent 20 minutes trying to work out what the pictogram of a guy shģtting down a mine shaft only to find it was the icon for vertical dimensions.
    John S -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

Why has it got to have spruce up ?.
    Why not?, if the site wants to remain fresh and appealing, to new members it must change like all things, I do however see why there may be some resistance to change (old dogs, new tricks, an all that LOL) but i would like to see this forum evolve into something better for both its old members and its new ones. at least its changing gradually in real time so we can see the changes as they happen and point out things we think dont work. IMHO that is
    Totally getting pissed off with programmers changing things for changing sake.
    Anyone seen the new Alibre and Solid edge menus ?
    Old menu bar has gone, now got cave man paintings depicting whatever. Spent 20 minutes trying to work out what the pictogram of a guy shģtting down a mine shaft only to find it was the icon for vertical dimensions.
    I get your point totally here. but it would be nice to think they added a few extra nice/usefull features as well. I dont use the software you refered to so could really comment either way but here is hoping.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    It's the beginning of the end John. This forum as we know it will soon die & be replaced by a forum populated mostly with nothing.

I've seen it before on many sites over the years. The forum owner discovers they can make £money from the people that populate the forum & soon become focused on nothing more than making £money.

After pocketing a few £100's they wonder why all the people have disappeared.

I truly believe this forum owes its very existence to CNCZone, it is a poor imitation of it & its modest success is based upon it being UK focused.

Maybe the forum was created purely to build a user base that can then be exploited? I don't know.

But I do know that I've been here & done this before, learn't my lesson & formed the conclusion that once it becomes all about £money, then it's time for me to say goodbye.

Goodbye.

& a BIG thankyou to the folks who've shared their knowledge & not only educated but also entertained me without one eye on earning a quick £quid so far. See you all on the next forum to come along.

I quite like it to be honest.
    Last edited by jcb121; 09-03-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information