. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thank fück it wasn't just my eyesight, Lee, try Specsavers.

That side bar with the duplicate threads of the one you must have read to get where you are, only runs down for 4 posts, after this you have a bloody great bad of unused space.

For someone like Lee who's obsessed with getting the most out of the least it a total waste of space [ Obligatory smiley to show I'm not serious about Lee ]
    Also seeing as everything is now duplicated what happened to the post count.
    This subject for instance, has a title and who posted last.
    No who started the post and how many replies.

Why not go the whole hog and have pink text with flowers round the borders ?

Or even the same as the Italian flag, white text on a white background ?
    John S -

I think there's a reason why many sites have details such as "users online" placed out of the way - it's "interesting" but of little practical use. I can see a reason for "active topics" as it's a quick and easy way to see if a new post has been made in a thread you might be following, if you were so inclined.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out but to be honest... right now the sidebar doesn't seem like such a great idea.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Or even the same as the Italian flag, white text on a white background ?
    I'm fairly sure that's a French flag

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    For someone like Lee who's obsessed with getting the most out of the least it a total waste of space
    I'd rather have the extra space for forum posts than the information down the side. I now find myself stretching the page across two monitors to recover the lost territory. I don't see why showing which users are online should be given such a prominent position, let alone which staff members are online. Still it's not a big deal so I'll wait and see what's coming next.

Have you got that milling machine going yet?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Yup, Was running late Monday, still got bits to do, came with 2 axis readout but swapped the head to a 3 axis I had but the scale I was going to use for the knee isn't big enough, ordered a 520mm travel one today, only need 490 but that was the closest I could get, bags of room so no problems.

Still got to fit the slotting head but need the mill to open the yoke out.

Problem is that change over plus getting 3 more machines out to go on Ebay has cost me a week, now need to play catchup with customers jobs.
    John S -

WTF been away for few weeks and the whole place gets screwed up.!!. . . . . Hate this new layout what a F@~k-up.!! . . . . PUT IT BACK PLEASE.!

Yeh, I just logged in and went to hit "New Posts" as I always do and IT'S GONE:{(

Hit "Todays posts" to see a line up, but as the day wares on, I want my new posts to see what is new since my last visit!
    Art

AKA Country Bubba
    (Older than Dirt)

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bubba View Post
    Yeh, I just logged in and went to hit "New Posts" as I always do and IT'S GONE:{(

Hit "Todays posts" to see a line up, but as the day wares on, I want my new posts to see what is new since my last visit!
    Yeah - what Art says - just about the only thing I use is the new posts link...

10. I've no problem with change but FFS bring back New Posts

And reinstate the Mark Forum Read option ,
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Started this 4 weeks ago and it's still fücked, nothing has been done.
    Half a screen of white page, unless you read it every 1/2 day when busy the new posts scroll off the screen.
    No post counter to see how many have posted.

Posts read is broken, I can look at the same post 10 times and it's still blue as if it hasn't been read.

Why do people have to piss about with web sites for pissing abouts sake ?????????????

If it's isn't broke don't piss with it.
    John S -

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information