. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by No1_sonuk View Post
    The thread is about drive nuts, but in post 5 he says "I also have some of these" above the couplers photo.
    Tks...cleared that one up...so to my point, does anyone still sell these couplers ...M8 threaded rod to 6.35mm stepper motor shaft for seven quid a piece?

Yes me :), ill send you a PM now !
    .Me

Hi lee can you make 10x2 trap nuts similar to the nut blocks you made me before?

Lee if you get stuck for taps and dies mate just let me know, we use M3 right through to M20.

Just do your batch and send them back its up to you fella

5. Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Lee if you get stuck for taps and dies mate just let me know, we use M3 right through to M20.

Just do your batch and send them back its up to you fella
    Do you have taps for TR10x2D and TR10x2G (therse are trapezoidal thread, RH and LH)? Many of us have taps n dies for standard metric threads, those are rarely the problem, its the more esoteric ones that cause problems...

10x2 trap.....humm no i think the only one i'v got is 1/2" 10x2 in ACME. I can send you some delrin and you could grab a tap from ebay ?
    .Me

Location unknown. Last Activity: 19-06-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 89.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    10x2 trap.....humm no i think the only one i'v got is 1/2" 10x2 in ACME. I can send you some delrin and you could grab a tap from ebay ?
    I thought of buying some delrin block from ebay. I have some delrin 10x2 round nuts but they are a pain to mount unlike the block ones you supplied.

How straight forward is it to make a tap using a length of trapezoidal screw ?

Humm...

Of the three tap types, there is a tapered tap for the initial thread cutting, an intermediate type, this is used to progress the thread.

Finally, a "Bottoming" tap, this is used to obtain the full thread depth when cutting a thread that does not go the whole of the way trough the piece. (Your hole to be tapped has a bottom to it AKA (pocket).

So you would put a taper on it and then some slots/flutes:

:)
    .Me

10. Quote Originally Posted by progomez View Post
    I thought of buying some delrin block from ebay. I have some delrin 10x2 round nuts but they are a pain to mount unlike the block ones you supplied.

How straight forward is it to make a tap using a length of trapezoidal screw ?
    put a 4" length of trap rod in a drill chuck or lathe. Spin it up and apply a file to the last inch to taper it to the thread depth. Lock the chuck or hold rod in vice) and grind 3 'slots' at 120deg for 3" using a thin cutting disc (or file it if you feel up to it). lastly file the untapered end to a square.

Good enough for delrin. For a tigher finish lightly file the overall thread by about 0.05 - 0.1mm

I did it and it works... for nylon or acetal a few times... but wont do brass without hardening...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information