. .
    Hello

Thank you for entering in my post

I am totally new about Mazak Milling Machines

On the the top of the control pannel is written Mazatrol 640M, so i thought the machine works with this software with G-codes instead making some search i realised that there is a difference between Mazatrol and G-codes so probably thi Mazak machine doesn't use a Mazatrol software as it is witten on the top of the control pannel but a Fanuc software, Is it right?

any information according this matter will be very appreciated

Thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Ajancnc View Post
    Mazatrol is totally different from G-code. Mazatrol is conversational programming software which built into the machine. Compare to Mazatrol, G-code is not that much of good for quick features like simple line machining and bolt patterns.

Thank you very much Ajancnc

Location unknown. Ajancnc Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Mazatrol is totally different from G-code. Mazatrol is conversational programming software which built into the machine. Compare to Mazatrol, G-code is not that much of good for quick features like simple line machining and bolt patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajancnc View Post

Thank you very much Ajancnc

hoezap
    You can use mazatrol and G codes within the same program.

Lives in Stourbridge, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-04-2023 Has been a member for 0-1 years. Has a total post count of 4.
    mazak is a good quick and easy bit of kit for milling drilling tapping bolt hole pattern and profiling, you do have the option for manual machining within the mazatrol program with limited function i use it for helical machining of large holes in solid. when i start a new program it asks me down the bottom of the screen if i want to write a Mazatrol program or a g code i think they call it iso/eia, when you look through the program list they either have a number and an M (mazak) or a number and an E eia (g code) not 100% sure if its standard or an option on the machine.....good luck with your learning you will pick it up in no time.

Thread Information