. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sounds like similar resin/filler mix as would be used for epoxy granite CNC machines, remember years ago reading about cast (in situ) concrete bass horns,think yours are probably going to look a bit prettier...

You`re a lot different from the Russ Andrew`s corner of the audio market ,genuinely trying out new methods and materials, remember to cryo treat the binding posts though :-)

Remember your trials with Strike originally , to see you turning out stuff like this now helps spur some of us on who feel they were getting a bit stuck, really inspirational., though personally unlikely to be making high end epoxy granite speakers any time soon

Can add a second vote for a quick video about aligning parts.

Thanks

Thanks a million guys! Really appreciate the comments. Its a brilliant feeling watching anything being made on the CNC but this one was particularly rewarding.

A huge, HUGE thanks to Dean(Jazz) too. I'm about a year ahead of the curve thanks to all his advice and various parts he's made for me when I was struggling because of Strike CNC. Not many folks have the time to do that and it speaks volumes about his character. Top bloke! He might be a grumpy bastard at times but its his right as a yorkshireman lol He's forgot more about CNC's than I'll ever know. Thanks mate.

I'll be doing a load of two sided wave guide parts soon using the same method so I'll keep the camera handy to show what's going on and post back here.

Nice part...
    I noticed in the video you've got the plunge rate for the cutter set really low compared to the horizontal feedrate, so when the machine is ramping down it takes forever and doesn't do the cutter much good as the chipload is tiny. For this job, in the whole scheme of things it's not a big deal, but if you're cutting a harder material it could even cause the tool to break, so get into the habit of setting the plunge rate about the same as the feedrate (maybe a little less) so it doesn't slow down. So long as you don't forget to tell the software to do ramping it will work well.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Another vote to see a video of the alignment method please Ant!

Here's the video on 2 sided parts. Its pretty lacking and that's probably because I didn't plan anything before picking up my phone and recording. Hopefully its enough to give you the general gist of things though. If your still struggling PM me and I'll give you my number. Its easier to chat about this than it is record or type about it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinobiwan For This Useful Post:

Lives in leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 362.
    i used to do a lot of 2 sided machining get a look at meshcam its cheap and its great for this,and gives you the option to generate the code so it starts from the centre edge instead of the corners so two dowls down the centre instead of the 4,
    nice work.

Cheers Ant, makes sense now. Going over what you wrote in post 14, it's a perfect description of what you've done in the video.

Have to say your router looks fantastic, well done on improving it. Also the process of machining a curved surface is so mesmerising. Trust me when my router's made, I'll probably be eating my dinner in front of it, watching parts getting machined.

Adil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information