evening gents.
I know this isnt strictly CNC, but Im making it on my cnc so il post here until somebody tells me to go away. :D

I am planning on making a wooden clock. When I was travelling though thailand many years ago I once saw a big old exposed gear wooden clock. I thought it was the most amazing thing Id ever seen and vowed one day Id make one. Ive got a big fireplace in the lounge with a big central pillar. which I plan to eventually house it.

This, to be fair is one of the main reasons in which I made the CNC machine. So for now im still familarising myself with software, and gear logic.

Before you all post me links to these sights that sell free plans. I am already aware that these exist However im perfectly happy sat here with the fire on, tinkering around re-inventing the wheel!!! I think il end up understanding it loads more and get exactly what I want if I build it myself.

so without further adieu (dont get too excited!)
<span class="st">

I need to buy some bearings... Im thinking establish the diameter of M8 threadbar then find a bearing that slides flush over the m8 thread? any ideas?