. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    all the props were in the correct place, maybe one motor had the prop facing the correct way but the motor spinning the opposite way. but it did fly level and I imagine it wouldn't if a prop was forcing air in the wrong direction.

So i conclude that it must be a gyro thing.

Yep if you get an upward thrust of air it'll instantly want to flip on take off as that corner is forced in to the ground where as the other 3 want to lift.

Do you have a magnetometer? That can cause yawing if not calibrated.

no I don't think so, I'm currently using a simple kk 5.5 blackboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    no I don't think so, I'm currently using a simple kk 5.5 blackboard.
    Im still convinced its a balance thing, i realise you have the same things on each spar but they must be in exactly the same position on each spar, if one of those boards on the side is 5mm out towards the rotor and the opposit one is 5mm towards the center thats a total of 10mm out and although the gyro will compensate to some extent i suspect it would be a little too much and you would be on the limit of your stick all the time with the gyro doing backflips trying to work out what is going on, remember that is still a light craft and the smallest imbalance could make a very big difference.. IMO that is

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 29-03-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that! I just bought one with the D lense. I also bought a 500mw transmitter so now I have a few weeks to get good at flying!
    If you struggle for battery life or weight they are easy to hack to run off your main battery, loads of vids/demos of how to do it floating around. The eletop guys even stuck a battery connector in there in response to complaints about having to solder a couple of wires to hack a new power supply in. Good attitude from a hardware company. :)

Hi I am not an expert on these but if you have a look at this it shows how you can fly it on a string indoors and be able to calabrate it quite easy without it crashing This is the way I did it to learn what the controls did and make sure the self level worked ok etc . I think the one in the vid is x config. Clive

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 30-03-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added vid

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

A friend of mine built one of these with GPS for uni and was very impressive. I will see if I can find the video.

Stick at it fella you will get there

That's video 2 of 2 the first one is in there somewhere. He's got some good videos good pilot too.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 30-03-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added vid

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information