. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quadtastic J, can't wait to see your hard work in flight. makes me want to get the old super60 out now
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Well it flew, shortly. It was yawing like crazy but I managed to get it down safely.

i tried it again to identify the stick that needs reversing but I wasn't so lucky this time. I think one of the props hit something and it fell something like 15-20 feet out of the air.

only problem is one of the wires to the motor has been pulled and a single strand of copper has come off the stator.

so it crashes well!

unfortunately there are no pics as my step-dad is a muppet with a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    Well it flew, shortly. It was yawing like crazy but I managed to get it down safely.

i tried it again to identify the stick that needs reversing but I wasn't so lucky this time. I think one of the props hit something and it fell something like 15-20 feet out of the air.

only problem is one of the wires to the motor has been pulled and a single strand of copper has come off the stator.

so it crashes well!

damn I mourn your loss .. but yeahhh it flys :) hell its what makes such a great project fun .. lol

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's looking super now that I've cable tied it all up!

I feel a bit silly just buying one thing at a time from a web shop. But it has to be done. Last time it was and RX and this time it's a motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364323701379.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	8555  

If its yawing badly double check the the rotation direction of the motors. Sounds like you have 1 going the wrong way. Dont reverse the sticks just yet. I had it when i built my hex....but then it got attacked by pigeons!

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post

Nice work, as good as the Wright brothers managed!
    If you need a light weight camera for it I can recomend the 808 cams from eletoponline365 on ebay

HD Camera, Capacitors items in eletoponline365 store on eBay!

Those guys are the factory shop apparently so they actually make what they are selling, there are some knock offs floating around other sellers on ebay. There is a load of info the cams on Chuck Lohr's site and several uber threads over at rcgroups.com

808 Car Keys Micro Camera Review - Version #16

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Nice work, as good as the Wright brothers managed!
    If you need a light weight camera for it I can recomend the 808 cams from eletoponline365 on ebay

HD Camera, Capacitors items in eletoponline365 store on eBay!

Those guys are the factory shop apparently so they actually make what they are selling, there are some knock offs floating around other sellers on ebay. There is a load of info the cams on Chuck Lohr's site and several uber threads over at rcgroups.com

808 Car Keys Micro Camera Review - Version #16
    Thanks for the heads up on that! I just bought one with the D lense. I also bought a 500mw transmitter so now I have a few weeks to get good at flying!

I also bought 3 spare motors and I should probably buy a few more props to destroy.

I'm using the 4.7 firmware from here and the motors were setup in the correct config. :S

Did you find out what caused the Yaw?? I suspect it was just a balance thing..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

no idea, I might just try flipping the yaw gryo and see if that helps.

it really was a spinning death trap when it took off!

could anyone on here help me with my multi-wii board? I've never used anything like it before and don't want to mess it up. documentation on my exact board isn't exactly easy to find either :(

I dont have the multiwii, i have the APM2 but the yawing sounds like you have a motor reversed. Have you checked them?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information