. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rouge if you drop some pipes down and add a couple of radiators you might find that is all you need to clear any damp up? Going for the lime wash look over the natural surface will give a nice cottage feel down there and look rather good. Still treat the walls for fungal first with stiff brush. Assuming you have neighbors then the only real problem walls will be the front and back ones. Once it is all in use i don't think you would ever notice it again.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    It's wood throughout (or at least I can't see any metal) so I hope it's not rusty
    As an ongoing thing I was also thinking about keeping one or two of those passive dehumidifiers (glorified boxes of gypsum or similar) down there to keep on top of the moisture in the air. Does anyone have any experience with those?
    My crappy eyesight then!

I've only ever used the big hot air ones, they work a treat but cost a small fortune to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Rouge if you drop some pipes down and add a couple of radiators you might find that is all you need to clear any damp up? Going for the lime wash look over the natural surface will give a nice cottage feel down there and look rather good.
    There is zero hope in hell that my wife will let me near the plumbing or heating (and admittedly with good reason). Plumbers don't tend to be the cheapest of people to hire so I was thinking along the lines of a small electric heater to run every now and then.

I'm not so concerned about the "cottage feel", but I reckon it will help make the place much lighter and less oppressive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information