. .
    Hi All,

Hoping to be of some help to members new and old, I have my own business which sells CNC and Laser machines etc and I am always trying to improve what I sell, I have a couple of projects on the go but one is just about finished and that is making Plasma Tables that can be retro-fitted to existing CNC Tables and my own range of Plasma tables. I got the idea for retro-fitting because of a client, he wanted a small CNC machine, actually he wanted as small Plasma machine but the smallest seems to be 4ft x 4ft, it seems that nobody has produced or thought of producing smaller tables for those who don't need 4ft x 4ft cutting area. So I set about learning what I could about Plasma units with my partner Karl and between us after a month of highs and lows we have a successful beta model working very nicely on one of my EagleV machines using an EagleIV control box, the plasma attachment simply folds out of the way when not in use thus allowing use of the CNC machine.

I will post some pictures and videos soon, but wanted to check with the administrators if this post was ok first!

Thanks

Colin.

Welcome to the forum Colin good to see you found us :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks, didn't know it existed until today!

Hi Colin, Wellcome to the forum. I hope to meet up with you next week - re my Blackcat laser. G.

Welcome Colin.
    I've been stalling my DIY build until I have the time to hopefully change my design to somehow make milling/routing and plasma-cutting interchangeable on as-simple-as-possible basis, so will be very interested to see how your retrofitting works!
    I'm currently undecided between "share-the-gantry" and "have two gantries using rotating-ballnuts".
    Cheers,
    Andy

Thanks Geoff,

I am definitely going to Nottingham Thursday, i hope to be at the unit around 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    Welcome Colin.
    I've been stalling my DIY build until I have the time to hopefully change my design to somehow make milling/routing and plasma-cutting interchangeable on as-simple-as-possible basis, so will be very interested to see how your retrofitting works!
    I'm currently undecided between "share-the-gantry" and "have two gantries using rotating-ballnuts".
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Thanks Andy,

Its been a journey but one that definitely has been interesting to pursue.

Some pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2.jpeg 
Views:	183 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	8499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3.jpeg 
Views:	166 
Size:	445.0 KB 
ID:	8500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-8.JPG 
Size:	477.6 KB 
ID:	8501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2.jpeg 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	8499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-5.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	549.5 KB 
ID:	8502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-6.jpeg 
Views:	167 
Size:	446.9 KB 
ID:	8503

A video from about two weeks ago with the manual torch...

Another

Thread Information