. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So i got these drivers on the recomendation of the forum thinking they would solve the none existent problems i never had with my Gecko G540 . So if you want to avoid my rant skip to the last paragraph.

All i can say is these drivers have been a pain in the arse since i got them , they ran in analog mode from day one but with a high pitched scream so had to be run in digital mode . Well it took help and hints from Gary at Zap and Mario just to get them to start up in digital mode . I wrongly thought that digital mode would be easy , just plug in , tweek the settings and there you go but ..... oh no ! the dam drivers didnt even want to admit they were digital at the start !!! . The complete lack of any info on the net on how to setup and problem solve these drivers dont help. The manual is as simple as " if its not turning it isnt working " Chinese type answer.
    So i walked away for 3 months , it was cold in the garage and standing there watching the dam £300 drivers make up there minds as to if they would like to turn a stepper just wasnt appealing. Now its a little bit warmer ( just joking! ) i thought i would have a look again and im nearing the point of putting the Gecko back in .

Ive got the drivers set up on 2 axis with direct drive , in Mach 3 with steps set at 200 , when i jog .100mm the machine moves .040mm can some one please tell me how the crap drivers can do that ???? . Ive checked the XML file so its not courrupt and just cant see the big error im making.
    Im off for a sit down in a dark corner and dream of the Gecko,s i should have bought .... they would have worked first time ! had lots of info on the net and be able to count to 10 .
    L8r all
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-04-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Changed title to be more appropriate.

Thread Information