. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just checked, don't have any of these drives but do have a sack bag of stuff from a couple of Denford Starmill conversions, Need to get these on Ebay.

Also have the guts from a Roland PNC - 3100 and a Roland PNC - 2200
    John S -

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Hi Asto, i'm a bit confused here. The first picture you posted shows a parker sd2 drive, but the second picture showing the component is of a parker cd20 drive.
    Is the lathe an Easiturn, if so the drive should be a cd20, and to have an led showing it would seem the drive is a cd20 rather than a sd2.

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Just a stab?

TIP32C-PKS

TIP32C-PKS - SEMILAB - Ashlea Components

PS

Just noticed their telephone number is a Swindon one?
    You know Swarfing, that was a hit.
    This morning I attached three wires on the board in place of removed transistor and at the other end a triple female socket. Then started playing with several types of transistors that I'd found handy and guess what... The one that made the SD2 play music again was the TIP145. So the TIP32-C is the closest equivalent as its collector current is 3Amps while the TIP145 is Ic=10Amps.
    I think the supplier's location is...518, Purley Way, Croydon, CR0 4RE
    Conclusion...Very few things may remain unidentified in this forum.
    I am glad I've joined.

Thanks!

Ps. I wish to thank Irving as well for helping me to narrow my search_Sorry for any syntax errors.
    Last edited by asto; 27-03-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Well... i2i,
    I only have machines driven by SD2's. So, both pictures are from the SD2 drive. What you see in the 2nd image is the component side of the PCB which is visible_ copper side_(well that's o.k double sided board) in the first photo.

cheers

Thanks John S!

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by asto View Post
    Well... i2i,
    I only have machines driven by SD2's. So, both pictures are from the SD2 drive. What you see in the 2nd image is the component side of the PCB which is visible_ copper side_(well that's o.k double sided board) in the first photo.

cheers
    that is a wierd one then, as i have an sd2 and a cd20 in front of me and the second pic looks exactly like the cd20. But not to worry, i'm glad you've identified the component. I spoke to parker today regarding a schematic, and they put me onto a company that may be able to help.

Asto

Glad you got somewhere with it.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Asto

Glad you got somewhere with it.
    Swarfing, how did you manage to get to the TIP32C which is the best replacement without real data of the old transistor. Because PKS0320 is not a valid code for this part. I did not know this when I started this thread.

It is printed on the old transistor but it has to be something like irving said. This code does not belong to any known transistor family.
    Anyway my SD2 drive is alive again and runs fine.

Now I have to see how much hope do I have to fix the problem for my x-axis stepper motor losing direction.

cheers

Asto

I used to work for motorola in a past life. It was common for them to disguise parts like Irving said. They would always use part of the original data in the name though so it was just a case of searching using PKS and 32.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

...i2i trust me. What you see in the second picture is what I took out from the SD2.
    If a similar PKS-DIGIPLAN called cd20 exists I totally disregard. But this is my chance so please educate me.
    How many Amps drive is that cd20 capable to deliver. Probably the machine you took this from is a more powerful one compared to the little Orac.
    And this was not the first time the SD2 needed to be dismantled for fixing. In the past, it blew a 40xxx series CMOS. The CD40106.
    But today it looks a bit different because I have added DIP sockets for every single chip. and the appropriate sockets for transistor or diode in the PC boards.

cheers

Asto

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information