. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Unbelievable!

I do not know many people capable of finding this without data.

I am not an experienced service person but I like dealing with stuff like that.
    Saves money as well.

kind regards Swarfing!

ps I hope to see you in my next thread starting tonight.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130328_181456.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	8565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130328_181510.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	8566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130328_181525.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	437.2 KB 
ID:	8567Hi Asto, this is a bit strange.

I've posted some pics of an SD2 with a CD20 next to it. The cd20 has another board in the centre of the two heatsinks which is removed to show the main board, this board has four leds on the left hand (rear) edge.

The Denford Orac used both types of drive, the cd20 version has a higher voltage psu (around 65v-80v), and the sd2 version has a 35v ish psu.
    Last edited by i2i; 28-03-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    i2i...the second pic from left to right and the 4rth are pretty similar to mine almost identical but i see the white plastic socket contains three lines of contactors. Mine has two connecting the main board where the high power transistors are with the signal processing board where the logic ic's are located and the leds are on this one the one on the top. You re right!
    The first pic that i sent was borrowed from the internet not real mine...So it looks you have some point here.
    The one with the exposed PKS0320 was taken by me few days ago.
    I can send you new photos that i can have from my machine tomorrow.
    The first board though which i see must have come off a Triac mill. My Triac uses them because I can see the driver ic there covered under the flat springs. It is the L298. I had to replace this once.

cheers
    Last edited by asto; 28-03-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: corrections

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    The Triac does use the sd2 drives on the x and y axis, and an sd3 on the z axis. This is on models up to the early 90's, and then they changed them to the sd12/13 drives.
    Is your Triac one of the green ones with the open frame or a mixed white and green one?

Yes right! The green one.
    But painted Grey.
    An old open machine from the 80's.

i2i...Do you want to sell any of these boards?

cheers

Asto

lovely machines the old ones i prefer the 3 phase spindle motor to the dc motor on the newer models, but such a shame they came with the r8 spindle nose. The newer ones have a 30 spindle that allows the bt30 tools and an atc.
    Now a mod to use the r8 spindle and convert it to a 30 taper and atc would be handy.
    My stock of cd20s are to backup my 2 Denford Quatros and my easiturn, they are quite hard to get hold of and that's not going to get better, so sorry i'll not be parting with any.

My apologies if i came over a bit high handed in earlier posts.

i2i, just as an independant observer, you did not come over as "high handed" in your posts, just as someone who knows what he is talking about!!! G.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    lovely machines the old ones i prefer the 3 phase spindle motor to the dc motor on the newer models, but such a shame they came with the r8 spindle nose. The newer ones have a 30 spindle that allows the bt30 tools and an atc.
    Now a mod to use the r8 spindle and convert it to a 30 taper and atc would be handy.
    My stock of cd20s are to backup my 2 Denford Quatros and my easiturn, they are quite hard to get hold of and that's not going to get better, so sorry i'll not be parting with any.

My apologies if i came over a bit high handed in earlier posts.
    ...My Triacs are not R8 machines I have two of them. One was built in 1985 and the other 1987. The newer I bought from G and m tools but Z axis failed after a while.Thought it was the stepper motor and replaced that with new Sanyo. Then I found the L298 dead.
    Replacing this IC was not that easy in double sided board.

Sorry about the first picture. It was not taken from my machine. You were right.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    I used to work for motorola in a past life. It was common for them to disguise parts like Irving said. They would always use part of the original data in the name though so it was just a case of searching using PKS and 32.

Name:	Parajust small.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	8644

This isn't a drive question but, again this module(Parajust single to three phase inverter) carries coding which is not common for TO-3 Motorola transistors.

cheers
    Last edited by asto; 09-04-2013 at 06:44 PM.

10. Educated guess... 2SC901 NPN,.... if PNP then maybe MJ901 darlington (but doubt that)

Quote Originally Posted by asto View Post

Name:	Parajust small.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	8644

...Then I have another one for you Swarfing..

This isn't a drive question but, again this module(Parajust single to three phase inverter) carries coding which is not common for TO-3 Motorola transistors.
    Can you tell what type these transistors may be?

cheers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information