. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi

I have read that Mach 3, will not work on a 64 bit PC, but having just downloaded the Mach 3 PDF, from Artsoft, it states "will run on Windows 2000, XP, or windows vista 32 bit" ? The computer i wish to use with Mach 3, say's on it's system pages that it has a Pentium 4 processor with 64 bit technology on board. Does this mean i have to have a new 32 bit processor, or XP 32bit software installed in my computer or both?

Regards

Ray

Pentium 4 computers are old machines, I doubt very much your computer is s 64bit.

Go to: Control Panel\System and Security\System and see if you have this text: System Type: 64 bit operating system. or 32 bit of course, that will let you know what system you have.

Yea if you look on the same page/screen where it tells you your CPU type it should say something like "System Type" and then 64 Bit Operating System.

If you have a CPU that supports 64bit operating system's but the Operating System currently installed is only of the 32Bit version, then you should be fine.

To determine your computers operating system, use the following method:

Microsoft Windows XP
    1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. Click the General tab.

The operating system description should read as below:
    • 64-bit operating system: Microsoft Windows XP x64
    • 32-bit operating system: Microsoft Windows XP

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 29-03-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    .Me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    One thing to note, is that Mach 3 itself will run on 64-bit Windows, it's the parallel port driver that won't.

So if you're not using the parallel port, then it doesn't make any difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

7. I run Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my cnc computer, but I am not using the printer port, I am using ethernet smoothstepper.

As above it does not matter if the hardware is 32bit or 64bit, Only if windows is 32/64bit.

I had no end of problems trying to use printer ports, so I gave up and when over to the ethernet smoothstepper, and never looked back on that.

There are loads who still run using only printer ports and have no problems at all.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Professor For This Useful Post:

Many thanks for your help, this as left me with a problem. I have followed your instructions, and it definateley say's "64 bit technology" but equally important , i think, is i have also discovered during this investigation that my PC has an "INTEGRATED" video card fitted, something else MACH 3 states will not work. So it looks like i have a decision to make - Do i purchase a computer that runs on 32 bit, with a non integrated video card ? have my local PC Guru convert my current PC, or go along the road of "ETHERNET CONTROLLER" whatever one of those is. Any help or advise on this issue will be gratefully accepted.

Ray

Ray, Got a load of Dell computers here that have been bought just for running Mach3 on PP.
    work well and as a stand alone just for a machine we have had no problems with them.
    John S -

Hi John S.

Have you got a list of the PC' with specs and prices ?

Ray

PM sent....................
    John S -

I would like to get MACH 3 or MACH 4 Software but i'm not sure of the hardware? I have a UC100, is this all I need to connect to a 3040t cnc with a paralell interface, using Mach3 or Mach 4? Please tell me what I need hardware to run either Mach 3 or 4!
    Thanks!
    Nebe
    Tom Megna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information