. .
    Hey all,

Total noob to CNC, I'm here to sponge as much knowledge up as I can then hopefully have some fun making stuff like timber ends for my Moogs, amp cabinets, pretty much anything musical that can be made from wood

First things first, off to ask a controller question re this rubbish machine I bought.

Cheers
    Carl

Hi Carl, wellcome to the forum. Plenty of seriously good experts (not me) here for you to soak up some good advice. Some qute good stuff comes from China nowadays, so don't go dumping anything yet. Most of these machines seem to end up doing an acceptable job in softer materials once properly set up and configured. Good luck. G.

G'Day Carl....

Welcome to the forum from someone who is hoping to make the big move down to Melbourne in a few months, so I have a couple of queries if I may.

I have it on good authority that the natives downunder talk with a funny accent....

How long did it take before you were able to understand them and do you have to speak slowly in order that they understand you?

Have they finally accepted that they are no longer the dominant force in earthly cricket?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Last edited by WandrinAndy; 01-04-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    G'Day Carl....

Welcome to the forum from someone who is hoping to make the big move down to Melbourne in a few months, so I have a couple of queries if I may.

I have it on good authority that the natives downunder talk with a funny accent....

How long did it take before you were able to understand them and do you have to speak slowly in order that they understand you?

Have they finally accepted that they are no longer the dominant force in earthly cricket?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hey Andy,

I've been here a while now and still can't understand 'em but what makes it worse is I've still got a Welsh accent so if you put me and an Australian together and listened to a lengthy conversation you'd prob end up in the "Sunnydale Sanitorium for the Linguistically Challenged"

As for your last question re cricket, not a cricket fan but if it's sports related I seriously doubt they'd accept that

Cheers
    Carl

Oh and watch out for the funnel webs, red belly blacks, browns, red backs and pretty much anything else that crawls or slithers as odds are they can kill ya - I'm amazed that a country can have soooo many deadly creatures and that's excluding the women

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Hi Carl, wellcome to the forum. Plenty of seriously good experts (not me) here for you to soak up some good advice. Some qute good stuff comes from China nowadays, so don't go dumping anything yet. Most of these machines seem to end up doing an acceptable job in softer materials once properly set up and configured. Good luck. G.
    Hey G

Agreed plenty of decent stuff outta China, def can't argue there - I just think I stuck with a dud, it happens. When I can get it to actually work I'll be a sponge, no drama there my only offering back would be art work but if that helps someone, s'all good :)

Cheers
    Carl

Hi Carl, have seen your picks on your other post. That machine won't be a dud, just a bit problematical at present. At least it is moving in all three axis' even if X & Y are doing it at the same time!! Keep John S in hobnobs (or the Aussie equivalent) and I'm sure will get the problems resolved. G.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GEOFFREY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Hi Carl, have seen your picks on your other post. That machine won't be a dud, just a bit problematical at present. At least it is moving in all three axis' even if X & Y are doing it at the same time!! Keep John S in hobnobs (or the Aussie equivalent) and I'm sure will get the problems resolved. G.

Hi Geoffrey,

My daughter lives in Solihull so I'll get her to mail him some
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Thread Information