. .
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Its always nice when you can actually make something, its like light at the end of the tunnel..Im glad you are now getting some good results.

Rick
    Cheers Rick, and thanks for the help - atleast now I can do some of the required math should I need it again
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Wait till you get the bill !!
    John S -

if you are going to build another machine you can use that one to make the parts for it!!

If you need any help Just give a hollar and im sure there will be plenty of advice forthcomming.
    Down load Google sketchup and start designing.. Its very easy and if you get stuck give me a shout..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

If he does that then he will be rocking and rolling
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Wait till you get the bill !!
    Payable in Hobnobs?
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    if you are going to build another machine you can use that one to make the parts for it!!

If you need any help Just give a hollar and im sure there will be plenty of advice forthcomming.
    Down load Google sketchup and start designing.. Its very easy and if you get stuck give me a shout..

Rick
    Hey Rick,

That's the plan, although I'm looking at nothing larger than a 4' x 4' useable area table so I can knock out the occassional guitar. I did read your post on your build log - I don't need anything that large as I still need somewhere to park the FLH and the Hinckley, but it sure as gave me plenty to think about, thankfully I can weld so I was going to construct the framing out of 2" square tube, finding the screws to suit that size. There are some on eBay, but they're too short so I'll keep looking.
    Cheers
    Carl

I have always had a soft spot for Hinkleys, - Romney Marsh.

Have you given any though about using timing belts as screws ? If not it's often cheaper in the long run to buy off Chia in China and at least you know what you are getting.
    John S -

Hi Carlb1058
    can you help me?
    I need to know,what colors are on the resistor.
    because mine is burned and can not see anything :(
    Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002_sml.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	563.9 KB 
ID:	8676  

Quote Originally Posted by Sobczyk32 View Post
    Hi Carlb1058
    can you help me?
    I need to know,what colors are on the resistor.
    because mine is burned and can not see anything :(
    Thank you
    I've just looked at the original huge image but because of the fact colours change a tad on PC monitors they look like the could be a pale blue with dark blue bands or perhaps a blue/grey with dark blue bands. I'll wander out to the shed a little later as we've just gone off daylight saving and it's stoopid o'clock here at the moment and physically check it and let you know.
    Cheers
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I have always had a soft spot for Hinkleys, - Romney Marsh.

Have you given any though about using timing belts as screws ? If not it's often cheaper in the long run to buy off Chia in China and at least you know what you are getting.
    Timing Belts? Interesting concept, might have to wander the boards and look for a build log to see how that's achieved, although I would have thought the tensions would be against the use of belts because of the stretch factor?
    Cheers
    Carl

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information