. .
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Hi there, try and slow things down a bit 200 steps per and velocity 200 accel 100 and see if you get different results, also what are you using to Generate your G-Code. Also have you run the driver test for mach to see if it is running as should be. Is the machine dedicated to CNC or are you running other stuff in the background..

Rick
    Rick,

Been toying with the steps and velo etc - getting close but still get it ovalling (if that's a word) on the Y instead of a circle, that is my vernier is showing me right dimensions for a 52mm circle on the X but narrower on the Y - might knock it down some more and see what that does.
    As for Driver Test, yep ran that and it's fine, the machine is a not so old PC that was fresh installed with XP SP2 and Mach3 - nothing else on there - not even a virus checker seeing as it's not net connected it's not needed.

I use Aspire 3 on a different machine to create what I want

Addon bit:

As you can see, it's not a circle??? oh and I started videoin' as an afterthought
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 02-04-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Forgot summut - Now added Video
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

If you have been playing about with the steps does in now move the correct distance in each direction? Have you tried just moving an inch or two in a straight line in each direction doing each axis separately? Did you remember to hit save on the motor set up after you had changed the steps on each axis, simple thing but easy to forget to do when things aren't going as planned lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    Rick,

Been toying with the steps and velo etc - getting close but still get it ovalling (if that's a word) on the Y instead of a circle, that is my vernier is showing me right dimensions for a 52mm circle on the X but narrower on the Y - might knock it down some more and see what that does.
    As for Driver Test, yep ran that and it's fine, the machine is a not so old PC that was fresh installed with XP SP2 and Mach3 - nothing else on there - not even a virus checker seeing as it's not net connected it's not needed.

I use Aspire 3 on a different machine to create what I want

Addon bit:

As you can see, it's not a circle??? oh and I started videoin' as an afterthought
    Ok thats better than you had before, so that means we are in the right track, i wonder if both the ballscrew are the same. could you do me a favour and cut a strait line 100mm long on the X and 100mm long on the Y and then measure them and let us know what you get.. Just Like Martin suggested.

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-04-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

100mm on the Y I get 52mm
    100mm on the X I get 42mm
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

100mm on the Y I get 52mm
    100mm on the X I get 42mm
    now we are talking.. thats why it dosnt do a circle

What have you set your X to in motor tuning,
    and
    What have you set your Y to in motor tuning,

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    now we are talking.. thats why it dosnt do a circle

What have you set your X to in motor tuning,
    and
    What have you set your Y to in motor tuning,

Rick
    Slowed them down to as per your previous suggestion - one thing I did notice when it was doing it was the X was smooth in movement, the Y however seemed to jerk, as if going for example 10mm stages, a barely but still noticeable pause then continuing on?
    Cheers
    Carl

Slowed them down to as per your previous suggestion - one thing I did notice when it was doing it was the X was smooth in movement, the Y however seemed to jerk, as if going for example 10mm stages, a barely but still noticeable pause then continuing on?
    Well lets see if i can get the math sorted to get them cutting the correct amount first.

Rick

Change X from 200 to 384.6
    Change Y from 200 to 476.2

Steps per that is

Then try running 100 mm in X and Y
    Last edited by John S; 02-04-2013 at 11:46 PM.

LOL my brain has been doing loops here.. What size cutter are you using..

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Change X from 200 to 384.6
    Change Y from 200 to 476.2

Steps per that is

Then try running 100 mm in X and Y
    Thats what i was comming up with john but dosnt the cutter size have a bearing on it...LOL (where's that human calculator when you need him LOL)

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-04-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information