. .
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    Just a tad - cheers :) I ended up with 409.62 using 3.175 as the tool diameter
    Once we have got both axis to move the same amount i can do the math again and give you the imperial equiv, then we can change the system to old school as like swarfing said it could be a yank model. but we will get it for you then of course that will rule out the mechanical and software stuff as the source of your trouble, leaving only the electrics but they may be fine and just need proper BOB and stepper drivers should you be so inclined..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Yep 3 to a cm the biggest problem with trying to measure the X is it is fully enclosed and I'd pretty much have to tear it apart to get to it but I shall attempt to get a close as damn first :)
    Dont bother it can be worked out with the software al be it a little long winded..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Yep 3 to a cm the biggest problem with trying to measure the X is it is fully enclosed and I'd pretty much have to tear it apart to get to it but I shall attempt to get a close as damn first :)
    well that was easier than expected, managed to get a 1cm wide flat file between the frame work and as near as damn the X is 3 turns as is the Z, so all the screws are the same size
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

confused but could be possible?

7.26TPI 0.13774" 3.499mm pitch is about as close as you could get to that. Stick with tuning it out for now like Rick said before. Imperial or not you would still like it working with what you have. Sorry i took this away from that.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    confused but could be possible?

7.26TPI 0.13774" 3.499mm pitch is about as close as you could get to that. Stick with tuning it out for now like Rick said before. Imperial or not you would still like it working with what you have. Sorry i took this away from that.
    No drama, it's always good to learn new stuff :)
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Got to hit the sack, hope get somewhere soon

Paul
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Got to hit the sack, hope get somewhere soon

Paul
    Lightweight...LOL

Rick

NN mate

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Lightweight...LOL

Rick

NN mate
    Looks like im a lightweight too Im off to bed as well, speak tomorrow Carl

Rick

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Looks like im a lightweight too Im off to bed as well, speak tomorrow Carl

Rick
    no problems - all the help so far has been great
    Cheers
    Carl

Why not get Mach to do the work for you ? go into "Settings tab", just above the reset button "set steps per unit" start with X enter 100 measure how far it moved then tell it how far it moved and will set steps up for you.
    Do the same for all axis do a test cut if not correct go though it again.

Phill

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information