. .
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. Hi Carl,
    Not sure if it's of any interest but I still have the three Yoocnc controller boards I removed from my 6040 when I replaced them with a Gecko G540.
    You're welcome to them if you want them. One axis was a little flaky but I never tracked it down due to the controller update.
    Drop me a PM if you want them and I'll get them in the mail.

[I was in Sydney but have moved to Tasmania]
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Quote Originally Posted by tumutbound View Post
    Hi Carl,

[I was in Sydney but have moved to Tasmania[/I]]
    God heavens things must be bad if the Ozzies are deporting people now
    John S -

3. Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    God heavens things must be bad if the Ozzies are deporting people now
    Tassie was one of the worst penal settlements but they allow people to leave these days - not that anyone would
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Quote Originally Posted by tumutbound View Post
    Tassie was one of the worst penal settlements but they allow people to leave these days - not that anyone would
    Now this statement I must agree with - my younger sister bought a small farm just west of Launceston a few years back and loves the place. Sydney on the other hand of late is nowt more than a script for an LA gang movie and a subset for SOA

Appreciate the offer of the Yoo boards, mine has been removed and is currently holding down pieces of paper while I wait on a complete motor bob setup to come in the post, so I'll pass but thanks again anyway..
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Well that didn't take long, got my 3 x 542's and new bob ready to get set up but needed to knock out a couple of plaques before I tore it down and spent the next few weeks trying to work the wiring out. On the 2nd plaque it started to double line again so I thought the coupling had come loose, but no I have to be different and snap the bugger on the X axis completely *groan* gets wots ya pays for, now to find new DECENT couplings.

Info and piccies posted here http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/tradin...couplings.html hopefully it's the right board. . .
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Replied in that forum but it is the wrong place, only the original poster can post there. Everyone one else doesn't get a post reply button.

Anyway to keep it all in one place here's my reply.

This coupling question often gets asked.

There is only one design of coupling that can handle misalignment in two axis and still work. That is an Oldham coupling.

http://www.mekanizmalar.com/oldham.html

If you were in the UK I'd say Farnell, CPC, RS or Arc

The 2, 3, 4, jaw Lovejoy type couplings whilst being cheap are not zero backlash or able to handle misalignment in both axis.
    The type you have I hate with a vengeance and is about as much use as a stick of celery and two hose clips.

REPLACE ALL THE COUPLINGS.
    Last edited by John S; 16-04-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    John S -

Ta for the info - I'll see what I can find here but not holding me breath!! Oh and seeing how cheap n cheesy this one is I was going to replace all and double up too just in case.

Oh well, while I wait it'll give me time to read the wiring docs for this new setup *shudder*
    Cheers
    Carl

Cheers
    Carl

9. Also available at Farnell (Element 14)
    Last edited by tumutbound; 16-04-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

?????????????????????????

Fück me when we shipped all the crooks out to OZ there was no need to keep all the bastards.
    John S -

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information