. .
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Christ? i paid £3.50 each off fish4parts, good while ago i know but can't believe they go up that much?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I use these cheap jobbies: 8x8mm CNC Motor Jaw Shaft Coupler 8mm To 8mm Flexible Coupling OD 20x26mm # 02 | eBay

even bought a spare set which I haven't had to use :)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    ?????????????????????????

Fück me when we shipped all the crooks out to OZ there was no need to keep all the bastards.
    ROFL how true - it's easy to get stiffed big time for plenty of different things here and the politicians wonder why people buy stuff O/S
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Christ? i paid £3.50 each off fish4parts, good while ago i know but can't believe they go up that much?
    Checked a couple of local sites/companies and the prices are pretty similar so either they import container loads (doubt that) or the UK manufacturer sticks it to 'em on wholesale or they're all just twonks in it for the money with a captured market - either way I need something that's not gunna break at the sight of pine and I would like to have a go at light aluminium one day too
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 17-04-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I use these cheap jobbies: 8x8mm CNC Motor Jaw Shaft Coupler 8mm To 8mm Flexible Coupling OD 20x26mm # 02 | eBay

even bought a spare set which I haven't had to use :)
    I was gunna buy arf a dozen of these for emergency's 8mm X 8mm CNC Flexible Jaw Spider Plum Coupling Shaft Coupler D 25mm L30mm | eBay
    Cheers
    Carl

You could get timing belts and pulleys instead...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    You could get timing belts and pulleys instead...

Thanks for the suggestion but I have enough problems getting my 'ead around the machine as is
    Cheers
    Carl

Hi all, this is my first post here, I just registered to say I have the same machine with 4 axis I bought from Ebay.

First of, I want to say the value of the resistor is 100 OHMS 1/4 watt to the person that asked, as his was burned out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130413_111746.jpg 
Views:	1782 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	9049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130413_111923.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	9050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130413_112033.jpg 
Views:	2349 
Size:	404.7 KB 
ID:	9051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130413_112053.jpg 
Views:	1175 
Size:	364.9 KB 
ID:	9052

Second. I have the same driver board that drives X Y Z (YOOCNC-NT65-3X) It's a piece of crap. There isn't even any DIP settings for switching micro stepping etc. My fourth axis is actually a YOOCNC also, but is a red PCB and it has the same driver chip "TB6560AHQ" but it has the DIP settings. I had major problems with my X axis with a 0.9mm difference when returned to X=0 Y =0 after milling a doubled sided PCB with small traces for SMT and drill holes etc. So you see 0.9mm loosing steps on the X axis was a critical problem. I'll upload picture of the 4th axis driver board!

The initial problem was the settings when I got the machine first. The manual states "400 / 2000 / 200 / 3 - 1 " all of this is perfect, but the Velocity speed which states 2000. I have mine tuned down to 900 and I am running the Kernel @ 25Khz instead of the Manuals stated 35Khz or on the main BOB the motors stall, loose steps, vibrate etc.

Now I switched the X axis stepper over to the extra board (RED PCB) I was able to set the steps with the DIP settings on the board, and I don't loose steps, the stepper is running really smooth with little to no noise from it at all compared to the other steppers on the main BOB. Y and Z have high pitched sounds coming from them when in use, but now with the new DIP settings on the x axis I can run it @ 2000 in velocity @ 35khz kernel with out loosing steps, vibrations, and the motor just hums nicely.

So to some it up, I am getting rid of this YOOCNC breakout board and replacing them as soon as I have the dosh.

The machine it's self is nice and well worth the money, the controllers are shite !

Here is the one I bought in March I think.

220V CNC 3040Z DQ Upgrade From 3040Z 3040 Router With 230W 11000rpm Spindle | eBay

The CNC gantry system is good. The controllers are bad, and hell, the controllers could even be a clone of the already crappy controllers from YOOCNC.

Questions welcome, and anything else. I just thought I would share my thoughts and frustration and my how I fixed my issues here.

On another note, I am replacing all the boards except the transformer and other simple stuff to a Pokeys 56U + Postep25 motor drivers for Mach3 when I got the dosh.

Polabs

My software for initial use:

Diptrace
    Vcarve Pro
    Mach3
    and shitty YOOCNC controllers, plus all cables leading from controller to steppers are unshielded !

Also I replaced the main CAPS on the BOB to Nichicon LOW ESR just incase. The IC chips (74HC***) should be really 74LS*** so that they can properly use the TTL logic from the parallel ports that don't support 4.5vcc. Some ports on computers actually output 3.3 I think or something in the that line.

Using the LC version means that they will support all types of parallel ports.

regards

I replaced the yoo board with 542H's, actually to save time the only bits used from the original controller box is the E-stop, spindle speed knob and the on n off switch - the machine itself however apart from getting three Oldham couplings, ta v much to whoever it was that suggested them - sorry I can't remember who though *eep* is pretty much as it was out of the box oh and I modded the job clamps.

It's damn near paid for itself already so I'm well pleased with it. I Was gunna go buy three new nema 23's but they have from memory bolt holes that are 41mm <--> the bolt holes on this machine are 50mm <--> so the only way to have spares is to get the nema 34's which in the ad says have the same 50mm bolt holes? but are more expensive!!

Back to confusion again
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 17-06-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: ferx speeling
    Cheers
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    I Was gunna go buy three new nema 23's but they have from memory bolt holes that are 41mm <--> the bolt holes on this machine are 50mm <--> so the only way to have spares is to get the nema 34's which in the ad says have the same 50mm bolt holes? but are more expensive!!

Back to confusion again
    If they are 50mm centres then It's got Nema 24 motors on it which are 49.8mm bolt centres where has Nema 23 are 47.14. Nema 24 motors will measure roughly 60mm outer dimensions and Nema23 56.4mm.
    Nema 34 are 70mm centre holes. They would also be a big mistake to use with M542 drives and give much lower speeds.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 18-06-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information