. .
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    NO.

If you are going to throw money at it get the separate drives.

More reliable and if one goes down you can replace it, if one of those Toshiba boards goes down the whole lot is toast.
    John S -

Hey John I agree those boards are rubbish, what would you suggest he gets remembering his budget?

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    (0r 1/8" if you require brain drain )
    lmao.

.Me
    .Me

Getting there, thanks to one and all who chimed in with all the info it's greatly appreciated.

Attached is a short run video - I really should get the camera out before I start aye anyhoo I'm pretty sure you can pick who it is that's being engraved, all I need to do now is get the probe working i.e. retracting on touch not spinning the motor and twisting the probe cables in to a ball The finally motor tuning ended up at 400s 2500a 200v - my initial test of this setup resulted in a 100mm straight line on X and on the Y so with that, WOOHOO although I still need to sort the Z out, time to sit and mind melt over the mach manual

BTW the line art used for this came from my tattoo line art collection a job I did for a few decades before I got bored. . .

So if anyone is looking for anything in regards to line art feel free to let me know, odds are I've probably got something that can be worked on if not exactly what you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvis_sml.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	8645
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 05-04-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    NO.

If you are going to throw money at it get the separate drives.

More reliable and if one goes down you can replace it, if one of those Toshiba boards goes down the whole lot is toast.

Like this? 3x M542 CNC Stepper Driver For Nema17 Nema23 Nema34 Motor +5 Axis Breakout Board | eBay if so that'll be a doddle, her who must be obeyed should only hit me two or three times at that money plus that means more money for longer screws etc as I want to build a bigger one now!!
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 05-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Cheers
    Carl

Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

That would certainly do the job and you can also run the steppers at a higher voltage (50v) with those.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058 View Post
    Getting there, thanks to one and all who chimed in with all the info it's greatly appreciated.

Attached is a short run video - I really should get the camera out before I start aye anyhoo I'm pretty sure you can pick who it is that's being engraved, all I need to do now is get the probe working i.e. retracting on touch not spinning the motor and twisting the probe cables in to a ball The finally motor tuning ended up at 400s 2500a 200v - my initial test of this setup resulted in a 100mm straight line on X and on the Y so with that, WOOHOO although I still need to sort the Z out, time to sit and mind melt over the mach manual

BTW the line art used for this came from my tattoo line art collection a job I did for a few decades before I got bored. . .

So if anyone is looking for anything in regards to line art feel free to let me know, odds are I've probably got something that can be worked on if not exactly what you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elvis_sml.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	8645
    Its always nice when you can actually make something, its like light at the end of the tunnel..Im glad you are now getting some good results.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Well done, I knew you would get there - with a little help from your friends! G

If your thinking about building a bigger machine then make sure anything you buy to get this one running can be used again with the new machine, will help keep the cost down plus collect parts for the new one quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Well done, I knew you would get there - with a little help from your friends! G
    Understatement there G - methinks I've come across a damn good site fulla damn good people!!
    Cheers
    Carl

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information