. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey guys

I have 3 CNC Routers [2 Large, 1 Small, all HME Technology R-50s], and 1 CNC Milling Machine [Wabeco CC-F1210], but no software. The official software is inaccessible i.e. the companies do not distribute them anymore. My understanding is that some parts will need to be replaced to enable the machines work with third party software.

I will pay handsomely for each machine that is up and running successfully. I am based on the Wirral.

I have attached some photographs of the machines, but feel free to ask questions.

Cheers, much appreciated!! :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2739.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	8633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2740.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	8634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	8635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2748.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	8636  

i believe all those machines use steppers so all you should need is stepper drivers for each motor and a breakout board (BOB). You will ten be free to use Mach or LinuxCNC or any other software of your choice.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Where on the wirral are you mate, I'm in B'head :)

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    i believe all those machines use steppers so all you should need is stepper drivers for each motor and a breakout board (BOB). You will ten be free to use Mach or LinuxCNC or any other software of your choice.
    Cheers for the reply. The difficult part is choosing the appropriate stepper driver/breakout board. Installing it should be easy.. relatively. I am essentially looking for someone to initially set-up the software as well. I have had a look at Mach3/LazyCAM etc but to no avail.

Cheers

I'd go with a Gecko 540 unit, it contains the breakout and 4 drivers and is a good well known system. The initial setup wouldn't be too hard either. Get one for each machine and you're ready to go but the chinese stuff isn't too bad either, it just depends on your budget.

Hey dude. You sure that a Gecko 540 unit will be compatible with Mach 3? I'm a fan of trial and error, but those units aren't cheap. So long as they will work with the software, the cost isn't too much considering the machines were acquired virtually brand new for very little cost. The machines are in Wallasey :)

Cheers

It'll work fine with Mach3. I'm no expert but I managed to get my chinese boards running with no documentation so if you want to tackle the problem yourself I can swing by and help out, just provide the coffee :D

Thread Information