. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Programming Arduinos and community built reprap software my money is on LinuxCNC??????

Maybe build a cnc mill and plan the second 3d printer build and go for a REPSTRAP that can double as a cnc router?
    To be fair i said Mach3 for simplicity, cos the documentation for linux cnc aint great.. i suppose it would be if it were updated as much as the software.. but the chap maybe good at Linux I personaly think its crap IMHO LOL (oh 30 years as software engineer lets me say that) LOL i know Jonathan likes it as well. but when the hardware side of things is sorted he will have a better idea of where he is and then who knows LinuxCNC could be the way for him..

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 03-04-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Rick you will be telling me that Fortran is cutting edge next...lol! Even Jonathan was against LinuxCNC..Until he actually tried it. Maybe because he actually sat and read the documentation mind you may have changed his mind

IT Performance Engineer tells me you are wrong ;-)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Rick you will be telling me that Fortran is cutting edge next...lol! Even Jonathan was against LinuxCNC..Until he actually tried it. Maybe because he actually sat and read the documentation mind you may have changed his mind

IT Performance Engineer tells me you are wrong ;-)
    Ok well we will have to disagree then and i have tried it.

Computer Science degree says i have my own opinion LMAO..
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Anyhow back on topic..

Rick

Rick i agree, it's horses for courses. MS pay my bills but live my life on Linux.

PS

Cut my teeth on Fortran, Cobal and Pascal........Cut them so badly forgot what the code looks like!

Rick i agree, it's horses for courses. MS pay my bills but live my life on Linux.!
    No Arguements there

.................... forgot what the code looks like!
    I wish i had that pleasure but maintaining antique equipment is what they pay me the big bucks for LOL

Rick you should try working on the dark side. I spend most of my days trying to get 386 platforms to work in harmony with AIX, Z/OS and DB2. In the brand the new days of cloud computing (old node computing with the cable cut), whats that all about then?

Rick you should try working on the dark side. I spend most of my days trying to get 386 platforms to work in harmony with AIX, Z/OS and DB2. In the brand the new days of cloud computing (old node computing with the cable cut), whats that all about then?
    MONEY!!

Rick

I knew i was missing something LOL!

Everyone, thanks much for the replies.

Very helpful!

I am going to spend the day reading the build logs and try to find some good starting info!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information