. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Would you really need someone to oversee each group Lee? Reason I ask that is because I know how difficult it can be to get someone to actually do it lol.
    Other problem is that some people are going to live close to boundaries so may want to meet up with more than one lot of people.
    Idea sounds ok & people could just keep an eye on the area's they wanted to & people could post to see if anyone wanted to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi guys,

I’ve giving this a little more thought today and come up with an idea!

Let’s move on from the technical aspects of this (thanks for staying level headed about it so far) and look at how we can move forward, from what I can see the only real reason for having a User/Member Map, is to see who is in your local area and maybe this information could be used to arrange meet ups and possibly some sort of workshop.

So how can I help facilitate this.

How about if we set up internal community groups, the forum software has this feature built in, its just turned off at the moment because I couldn’t see any need for it previously. I need to go over the settings and so on but that shouldn’t take long, I think it would allow for individual group sections, individual group pages, a group logo for each group and possibly internal group messages.

The way this could work is we could title each group based on counties, so if like me you live in the Lancashire County, this would be the group you join or receive an invite request from. This then brings me on to say, we could have a group leader/admin for each group responsible for the obvious things, it would require group leaders to send out invites to begin with and do the promotion side of things, I will look at how I can drive members to groups once up and running and so on.

Will stop there and put it out to you, think it would work well and wouldn’t require anyone to disclose any critical location details, group admin could take care of any arrangements and then post a message to the group giving the details for the meet ups and so on.

For logo’s I thought it would be cool to use the coat of arms for each county.

.Me
    Lincolnshire Imp sounds good, but it may well mean several counties to form regional centres. G.

Martin your a spoil sport if your not going to join in on the hugs...........But ok we will just have to do beer.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

yer sorry but I'm a party pooper.
    Funny really because having spent 20 years in the Royal Navy you would think I would be right up for it lol

Opps there I go breaking rule 6 again

Martin, after 20 years in the navy you are probably worried that you may still like it!! G.

20 years in the navy? bloody hell must have cost you a fortune in socks...LOL!
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Would you really need someone to oversee each group Lee? Reason I ask that is because I know how difficult it can be to get someone to actually do it lol.
    Other problem is that some people are going to live close to boundaries so may want to meet up with more than one lot of people.
    Idea sounds ok & people could just keep an eye on the area's they wanted to & people could post to see if anyone wanted to meet up.
    Erm well yes, i wont have time to manage all that as well. I've got the system up and running, it looks like i would need to create each group and then i have the option to hand over the group to any given member, so it would be my hope that someone would want to do enough to arrange these meet up's and take care of the group. Your right though it maybe hard to get someone to actually do it for each group, this is why i would just wait untill someone like D-Man (as an example) approached me with enough intrest in seeing it through.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Funny really because having spent 20 years in the Royal Navy you would think I would be right up for it lol
    Tut, so there is defo no chance of any "man love" then...o well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    20 years in the navy? bloody hell must have cost you a fortune in socks...LOL!
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Lincolnshire Imp sounds good, but it may well mean several counties to form regional centres. G.
    Its also an option that members can join more than one group, so not a problem with borders.

.Me
    .Me

Actually I would probably still be in today if I hadn't had the accident & been medically discharged but that's life for you.
    Normally you wouldn't be able to sign on past 50 anymore but apparently they are short of people in certain categories & I know a couple of guys the same age as myself who are now signing on one year at a time.

That would have nearly doubled the outlay on socks lol, wonder if you can get a mortgage to buy socks !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information