. .
    hi everyone
    my name is helder im from Dagenham Essex and im a complete beginner.

i have been curious about milling/engraving etc, i like the idea of being able to make your own stuff
    im into air riffling and i have a few projects that i would like to do, currently trying the by hand route but would like to learn to build my own router and start making them more professionally

i like to do the research but please be gentle as a lot of dumb questions will follow

looking forward to learning

Hi Helder, wellcome to the site. I know you will get lots of help here if you decide to build your own cnc machine. the dumb ones are those who don't ask questions. Good luck. G.

Welcome to the forum, if you want to learn then a good place to start would be to read through some of the build logs, they contain lots of useful information which will probably answer a lot of the questions you may have.

Hi and welcome

I to was a complete beginner until i joined this site, now i am learning fast.

Enjoy.

Ray
    Last edited by manofgresley; 06-04-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: addition

thanks all for the kind welcome
    this is all so confusing it looks like the deeper i get the worse it get lol

but ill get there

i was thinking of getting something to mill plastic sheet could i do that with with something cheap like this CNC ROUTER ENGRAVER MACHINE DRILLING / MILLING 3020 m8 | eBay

not that im buying just looking

Hello welcome to the madness Lee created .. :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by helder1977 View Post
    thanks all for the kind welcome
    this is all so confusing it looks like the deeper i get the worse it get lol

but ill get there

i was thinking of getting something to mill plastic sheet could i do that with with something cheap like this CNC ROUTER ENGRAVER MACHINE DRILLING / MILLING 3020 m8 | eBay

not that im buying just looking
    Hi and welcome and with a bitta muckin about, yes you could. By muckin about, most of it is getting the thing a) put together properly and b) RTFM I bought the 3040 mainly for the additional size, they're not too bad but don't expect great electrics, I've managed to get mine to finally work, but the controller lets it down so I'll be upgrading that, following which will be a larger home made table - once you start you get addicted for want of a better Oh and ask questions, I did and they're a great bunch on here only ready to lend a hand!!
    Last edited by Carlb1058; 06-04-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: typo
    Cheers
    Carl

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cardiff City Supporter ~ Real Sporting de Gijon Supporter ~ Vintage Synthesizer Collector
    La gente dice que tu vida esta planeado, me gustarķa encontrarse con el jefe de planificacion para que yo pudiera darle un punetazo en la cara!

Thread Information