. .
    Hi Guys,

I just wanted to publish some CAD to get an idea of costs. I have published one file which will be changed and finalised this week, it is in 9mm MDF.

From this I will decide whether to make all my panels CNC or make them simpler for manual operation.

I will also want some small blocks of aluminium machined (CNC preferred) but will need more time to publish CAD for it.
    Finally, in the next month I will be designing a bolt together CNC machine, which I will discuss with the community (in terms of design), but I think I would like to commission someone to CNC the aluminium parts as I am starved of time (but do have access to a mill).

Anyway, for this job, I hope you can quote from the drawing attached. I have pulled out the major dimensions (material cost) and minor dimensions (milling bit strategy), I hope that is enough. Contrary to what the drawing says, all dimensions are in mm.

NB: I live in London.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Base.PDF  
    Last edited by codytom; 08-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Another panel attached (someone quote something!). Again millimeters. I appreciate a lot of dimensions are missing but should not prevent quoting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top.PDF  

I don't have a runnable machine, but just some friendly advice...

A quick glance at your drawings would suggest that material type, thickness and cutting depths are missing. I'd guess it's MDF going by your comments above, but it's not clear. Also the hole diameters are none standard, particularly the 8.05mm.

And above all, be patient!

Thanks for the post, the drawings are without most dimensions as this isn't final cad. I decided to publish them to get quotes so I can continue with the design with the knowledge of whether cnc is appropriate or whether I should design for hand operation.

The panels are in 9mm mdf, the major dimensions are there for costing of materials. The minor indicate the smallest bit size for the work. I think this should be enough for most to quote?

Thanks for the advice I'll take it into consideration if someone would like to do the job!

Are the centre panels complete cutouts or channels of "X" depth?

The main cost is going to be the initial setup and programming, so pricing will be highly dependent on the quantities you will require, so might be worth mentioning that as well...

Good points, yes the centre are cut outs with a shoulder. They are just one off but there may be a whole platform of panels which may be more appealing.

Thanks,
    Tom

I can possibly do these.

PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Thread Information