. .

Thread: Re my question

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Works for me - I suspect the gremlins are at your residence.
    Odd, I get a

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

everytime.

Looking at a load of other attachments they all seem to be of the form:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/attach...p-sdc10050.jpg

I.E. a direct file link and this one, the only one I've found that doesn't work for me is a php script:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/attach...achmentid=8725

Potters off to look at browser security settings to see if there is something set forbidding redirects.
    Last edited by D.C.; 11-04-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bnw.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8727
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Those new ones work fine and are direct links.

Old one still doesn't show, you sure it's just me?

hows that?? i redone it

Thanks Wilfy . I have tried to make it look like tuba . With a single driver installed . Do you think it could be cnc laser cut . As said cnc is rather beyond me we only had log tables in my day
    thanks Peter
    Last edited by oldwoodworker; 12-04-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: even got tuba wrong

Peter, I don't think laser would suit this job. Lasers are good for engraving and profile cutting. I also doubt if most people would be able to cnc router cut it due to its height. One way to do it would be to build it up in sections, cutting the Whole shape (like rings) in layers glued together, sanded to lose the steps and then cut in half - tedious, but do-able. G.

Thanks Geoffrey . It is a difficult one . it has 6 meters of piping that is why it has been so difficult to . A friend comes in every week to see how I am getting on . He said I don't think there is anybody in the world mad enough to attempt building it . I will try & figure a way forward .
    Thanks Peter .

My CNC router easily has enough Z-travel to cut a mould that 'deep', however it would still have to be split into 4 parts since the machine isn't wide enough. That shouldn't be too big a problem though as they could be simply glued together.

The difficult bit here is probably fabricating a drawing of the part. Have you got any drawings which could be transferred into a CAD program to make a 3D model?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-04-2013 at 11:38 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The difficult bit here is probably fabricating a drawing of the part. Have you got any drawings which could be transferred into a CAD program to make a 3D model?
    Just a thought, if the speaker is a true nautilus shell shape, then you don't need to draw it you can just generate it algorithmically.

ShellyLibV2.3

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    then you don't need to draw it you can just generate it algorithmically.
    Yes, that would be the obvious way to draw it if the design can be made to fit those parameters. Even if the design doesn't quite match a shell generated from ellipses, then it may still be possible to use that as a starting point for the drawing and modify it as required.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information