. .

Thread: Re my question

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hello every one . As stated I do not know anything about cnc . So here goes please bear with me . If you go on to pink fish hifi diy you will see my post . It was recommended that I contact you for an SOS . My post is Peters snail speaker pheonix . I have had an illness which meant I have been indoors most off the winter . I am still very active & still like to get items working well . I can make a mold by hand but it is a big undertaking for me in foam . If you you knew how many hours I have taken to get where I am you would all be millionares
    Please view
    Many thanks
    oldwoodworker
    Last edited by oldwoodworker; 11-04-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

This is presumably what you're talking about:

My snail speaker I call it Pheonix - pink fish media

If you put the link in your post it would save readers the faff of googling it just to find out if they want to help you. Just copy it from the address bar in your web browser and paste onto a new line in your forum posting.

Some dimensions would help too so people could know whether it would fit on their machines. Looks larger than most DIY CNC machines will be able to tackle in one piece.

Thanks for that .I am just going out will do that when I get to the other destination . I am not too good on computers
    Thanks

oldwoodworker

Hi Peter, wellcome to the forum. Your snail spreaker looks very interesting (different). As you have made a substancial wire frame, would it be possible to skin it as in your model aircraft days and then get a fibreglass mould on that? Anyway, good luck. G

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    If you can amke a mould that is split into a front half/back half shinobiwan might be able do it on his machine. You can see a video of his loudspeaker work in the thread here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/projec...ided-part.html

[QUOTE=GEOFFREY;44883]Hi Peter, wellcome to the forum. Your snail spreaker looks very interesting (different). As you have made a substancial wire frame, would it be possible to skin it as in your model aircraft days and then get a fibreglass mould on that? Anyway, good luck. G[/QUOTE

Hello Geoffrey It is being skinned now .It is taking a long time it is not wire but ply wood. The dimensions are 1200 mm high the front 404 mm,the width is 902 mm so it is fairly large other wise I have to set too to make another
    Thanks Peter

Thanks for that.Iwas going to make a plug out of expanded foam hoping somebody could cnc in two halves I think will be difficult by habnd

Thanks Peter

i believe this is the sort of effort you are trying to achieve. and i think splitting it in 2 halves is the only way to do it.

this picture shows a mould that they are applying fibreglass to a imagine, where as if you only wanted 2 pieces you could get someone to cut this straight from a cnc provided that person had a big enough travel in height.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bnw.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	8728
    Last edited by wilfy; 11-04-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    Your attachment got eaten by gremlins Wilfy.

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Your attachment got eaten by gremlins Wilfy.
    Works for me - I suspect the gremlins are at your residence.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information