Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    I have just "won" an ebay auction for Item No. 261195190167. The seller seemed to be a very nice and helpful person. The item is listed as being in Lossiemouth, Scotland.
    Despite the fact it is listed as free delivery I stated that I would like to collect (at my own expense), but it proved inconvenient to the seller for me to do so. The seller stated that he had been a victim of a spoof email and had his Pay Pal account made inoperative. He then asked for me to pay the money into a bank account whose sort number proved to be in Leicester. Everything about the sale seems to be genuine, i.e ebay feed back good, private email address and bank account in the same name. Since I refused to pay any money other than by Pay Pal or cash on collection I have been unable to get any response to my request to arrange for collection and payment, despite many phone calls and emails. I find this very sad as I really wanted this machine. It was listed on ebay as a three day auction and had only one photograph shown. On requesting further details I was sent via email several other photographs and was given serial numbers for the machine and controller. I shall not pay any money until I see this machine!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	8717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	8718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	8719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	8720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	8721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	8722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	8723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	8724

    Does anybody recognise these pictures?

    Disappointed Geoff.

  2. #2
    First one is also at:

    Transport a Vision 2448 CNC RouterEngraver TableMachine No Res to ventura

    Smells like a scammer I'm afraid...

  3. #3
    Not a great machine, I'd leave it as you're not missing much.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

  4. #4
    Thanks Pete, the reason I made the post is because I think it is a scam and thought somebody may recognise the pictures. How on earth did you find that one? G.

  5. #5
    Thanks Jonathan, I was aware I would get that sort of comment on this site, but I only use 3.2mm mdf and 1.6mm birch ply when making my 1/48th scale models. The working area of 24" x 48" is ideal for me (1/4 sheet). I am sure that this would have been fine for my work had it been genuine. G.

  6. #6
    Fair enough, even a machine with unsupported rails would be fine or such thin materials, so long as the feedrates are respectable. 2200 seems a lot of money for what it is.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Thanks Pete, the reason I made the post is because I think it is a scam and thought somebody may recognise the pictures. How on earth did you find that one? G.
    Google Images search for "Vision 2448 CNC" :-)

  8. #8
    I looked and asked about this but never got a reply. Sounds as tho Lady Luck was with me. Walk away fella smells funny if you ask me.

  9. #9
    The upside-down open bearing rails don't exactly look good.

  10. #10
    D.C.'s Avatar
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    The seller stated that he had been a victim of a spoof email and had his Pay Pal account made inoperative. He then asked for me to pay the money into a bank account whose sort number proved to be in Leicester.
    Paypal sorts this stuff out pretty quick, it is screaming scam.

    It is more likely the person is a scammer who has had his paypal account suspended for scamming which is why paypal won't do business with him anymore...

    If you really want to risk it offer to wait a week while he gets his paypal account sorted out, send it via the ebay messaging and refuse to communicate with him outside of it.

    But you do realise it's 99% probability scam and and 1% probability legit sale right?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •