. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Asto should not make a lot of difference, most of the connections and settings are the same across a lot of the different models. You have enough manuals here now to what you need. the only difference will be the frequency settings for the speed control which won't be hard to deal with. Post a pic of the one you have.

Also i think the VC150 = Cub 1.5 amp version
    Last edited by Swarfing; 13-04-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Sure i will do that tomorrow

Thank you all

regards

3. @swarfing Exactly so, I thought the Cub is the VC150 (except its not 1.5A but 1.5kW (2HP) LOL), IMO branded differently for different markets...

Yes it is the 1.5kw Irving looking again. all config is the same as far as i can see on them all.

Paul

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    Yes it is the 1.5kw Irving looking again. all config is the same as far as i can see on them all.

Paul
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VC150.JPG 
Views:	299 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	8739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	8740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	8741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	210.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	8742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	468.7 KB 
ID:	8743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	8744
    I hope these IMO images have a lot to say.
    The schematic came out of the Parajust manual. The pdf extracts are for the Parajust
    As you all see, control impendance is double in the IMO as Parajust needs 5K pot in order to bring the motor to full stop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parametrics Instruction Manual IM6007 FHP Parajust_0006.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	8745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parametrics Instruction Manual IM6007 FHP Parajust_0024.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	8746
    Last edited by asto; 13-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Ok this is much older than what we have been looking at. But you have all the information to connect this up so don't understand your problem with it Asto? Swap the potentiometer out for a 10k one

You mean an external pot?
    With an external linear rotary pot of 10K runs fine.I've done this already.
    My problem is, that I totally disregard which way to proceed in order to alter settings that will cause the IMO find sufficient the Orac's 5K digital pot and bring the motor to a complete stop...Cause, when I deccelarate through the machines (-) button the control outputs a maximum 5K resistance. I really do not know if it is possible to alter this value to 10K.
    Last edited by asto; 13-04-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Maybe i am not understanding this completely. The wiring in the Orac should go directly to the VFD for the spindle control yes? or is it going by a different circuit first? Is the speed adjust from the software of the machine or just analogue control?

That's right Swarfing.
    The Orac's controller decides what resistance value to apply at the inverter input. And is wired directly to it even though the VFD may be removed and operate as stand alone to control motors of some other system.
    Even when the machine is at manual mode the controller does the accel/deccel i guess by digitally switching resistors internally. It has to be this way how else would it be!
    Is that the question or I have missed something due to the foreign language factor which applies for me here.

Ok i understand now thank you. Does the machine speed controls ramp up and down linear or are there distinct steps in the ramping?

My thoughts were that the speed pot from the VFD ran directly to the machine controls. I do not know this machine and find it difficult without seeing it. Could you do a pic where the wires go from the VFD to the machine controls?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information