. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well it's been a while since I posted a update. I have done some cable management and separating the wiring, Also I have made a table for the CNC to be bolted down on and also store the controller and computer underneath the CNC Router. I Bought a new monitor and mounted it on the wall above the CNC. I loaded in Mach 3 and now there life. I Quickly made up a spring pen holder and it drew it's first picture I am so chuffed. I got the computer from a friend that he had windows XP on it that had never been used since 2005. I was going to use the same computer to run the Mach 3 program and the CAM program, but find it's not practical. I will have to build another computer to run the Cam program like Artcam express as my laptop crashes when trying to run Artcam express and I also tried Vectric cut2D but the Graphics card in the laptop could not handle the program. It's some thing that I did not budget for. I have a case and some other parts already so it should not be to bad. All that I am waiting for now is some cable tracking from china and some single and double flute bits and I can try some cutting. There is some parts I will improve like replacing the wiring but for now it's running.
    My original budget that I worked out was for £1200 so I said it would cost a Total of £1500 when finished But I made some changes as I was building it so now the cost when finished including a second computer will be nearer the £2250 mark, it's so easy to get carried away, I built this to so that it would cut parts for my RC models but I have already started think about building a laser CNC, this has turned out to be another hobby on it's own.
    Last edited by Bush Flyer; 26-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Thread Information