. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Thanks for the advise Swarfing. I have plans for this but it is not the right time for me to upgrade. Someone is waiting parts to make with that lathe and making profit this way then I can replace the old electronics.

No worries Asto, hopefully there is somebody with more experience of this machine than i have here that can help you get this working.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Attica, Greece. Last Activity: 29-12-2019 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 65.
    Thank you. I'll appreciate that.
    Last edited by asto; 23-04-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Asto,
    Have you had a look at the interlock on the key/stop button I understand you turn the key to the right press button and it will not lock down, will display man opp but will not move axis, press and hold for 3-4 seconds to energize the 2 relays before the axis will move.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Asto,
    Have you had a look at the interlock on the key/stop button I understand you turn the key to the right press button and it will not lock down, will display man opp but will not move axis, press and hold for 3-4 seconds to energize the 2 relays before the axis will move.

Phill
    Hi phill05 and thanks for your participation and helping effort.
    Well I just followed your suggestion but there was no difference. I need to tell you though that all the operating electronics and hardware are not tightened/screwed on the lathe. It is all on the bench where I will instantly notice when the change comes. I believe might have been a wire left unconnected or disconnected I am not sure which one is the right word here. Please correct me. For example I have omitted signal wires coming from the perforated speedometer disc, those coming from turret indexing sensor, as well as those directed to power chuck electropneumatic solenoid, those directed to Parajust VFD pot and stop/restart inputs.
    When the machine's X-axis was losing direction 2 weeks ago, searching for faulty wire connections I found that the X-stepper was not wired correctly. When I restored this, both axes worked perfectly responding to sudden commands. Both motors now retain good holding torque.
    Last night I replaced the 30 year old stepper with the one seen in the attached image...With the StepSyn steppers this Orac worked non stop for 5 years 4 to 6 hours a day...

regards

AstoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	STEPSYN.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	8767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STEPsyn....jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	8768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	728.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	8769
    Last edited by asto; 15-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    Asto,

Phill
    Hi Phillo5!
    Do you know where these relays are located and of what kind they are.Latching relays/normally open maybe? Energized by 5-volt pulses?
    Cause in the keyboard matrix there is one 5-volt line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information